I've install a heating coil with a radiator trap. After installation, there is no heat coming into the coil. I loosen the cap on the trap and steam flies out. Shut off the cap, everything works fine. However, someone has to loosen the cap every morning after turning on the boiler. I did a search and found a thread with similar condition and someone give suggestion saying loosen the cap and try. Is there a explanation and solution to this? No one wants to loosen the cap and shut it every morning right! I'm new to this, can someone help me out? Sorry about the long post.

The boiler is truly not a d.i.y. it is under pressure and you honestly need a pro. no one here i dont think can really give you an honest opinion on your situation.

Do-It-Yourselfers - not here.

This site is for industry professionals and folks seeking HVAC/R advice and knowledge. Please do not ask for step by step instructions on purchasing, installing or repairing your own HVAC equipment, that is our job and our livelihood. We are generous, but not to a fault.

Questions of this type will not be answered and may be deleted.

I am sure B-C will refer you to the forum rules

You might be better off posting at http://www.heatinghelp.com where the wetheads hang out. There's some great steam boys on there. We tend to be more into scorched air here

Welcome and don't worry about 9mm's response.