Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    TXV was wide open at the time this picture was taken.

All heating vents were already checked and aimed away from this case. (Yes, it is an open air single-deck type case)

Not to be a jerk, mccool, but how would low airflow contribute to this problem?

Ok. Time for another hint. It hasn't worked right in a very long time if it ever worked right. Our company didn't install it, but we got saddled with the repairs.

What kind of defrost. If electric. Are the heaters on during cool?

Ok my last guess.
    Is the compressor correct for the application?

Compressor inefficient?

If the air curtain is ok and this is on a low temp rack Is it the longest run ? How is the case nexted to it ? I had two bunkers side by side and one would take ref from the case that would not maintain temp the case that was working was the problem I think I got gray hair from that job.

There is an *assumption* being made and it is the SAME one that my tech made, that I made and that the other tech that I called for advise made.

As I said, the factory guy got it in about 5 seconds. Made me feel about 3 feet tall.

I actually think that a residential AC guy would have nailed it a lot faster than I did. From what I've read, those guys see problems like this more often than I do.

Did you assume it was a 404 system and it's actually something else? Or wrong TXV?

would like to know what that tech from the factory found I was born short . I just rebuilt an M1 Garand and they are not blue but gray.

HP too low?

Your guages are setup for 404a...I don't know what type of system you're working on but 185 psi head with 40* subcooling on a 404a machine seems weird. Seems more in line with 22. You could have the wrong txv capacity or nozzle. Or wong txv powerhead for refrigerant.

Head pressure is adequate for system design.

It is a mechanically subcooled system which accounts for the abnormal amount of subcooling.

Refrigerant is correct as R404a. It is a rack system which will tend to operate on somewhat lower head pressure than conventional units or AC units.

Rest assured, I WILL reveal the answer before the day is through, I just want to give any and all a shot at guessing.

Were the readings shown in your pic taken back at the rack?

I'm going to guess the liquid pressure at the entrance to the TEV was way below 183 psig...possibly as low a 90-100 psig...and still show a full SG due to the high subcooling.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast