Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Copeland Performance Data

OK from what I understand copeland quit listing on the nomenclature plate (FLA) Full Load Ampereage due to incorrect diagnosis. Now they want you to go to the performance chart and look at the specific coonditions eg; suction pressure, head pressure, ambient temp. and return gas temp. My question is where is the curve for all these differnet conditions? At emerson's (copeland's specs) https://opi.emersonclimate.com/was.e...web/OPIServlet I see no data that gives me all this information needed to determine my correct FLA!

Here is what I have: Copeland MD# 4DL3A150L-TSK-441 Suction pressure is 14 psig Head pressure is 190 psig I am pulling 24 amps on each leg off the load side of the contactor. How do I know what current draw under these conditons I am supose to be pulling? The chart copeland gives only states -25 sst 65deg. return gas temp. and 105 deg.cod. temp. Is there a performance curve that will list FLA's under current conditions?

Quote Originally Posted by NANOTECH View Post
    OK from what I understand copeland quit listing on the nomenclature plate (FLA) Full Load Ampereage due to incorrect diagnosis. Now they want you to go to the performance chart and look at the specific coonditions eg; suction pressure, head pressure, ambient temp. and return gas temp. My question is where is the curve for all these differnet conditions? At emerson's (copeland's specs) https://opi.emersonclimate.com/was.e...web/OPIServlet I see no data that gives me all this information needed to determine my correct FLA!

Here is what I have: Copeland MD# 4DL3A150L-TSK-441 Suction pressure is 14 psig Head pressure is 190 psig I am pulling 24 amps on each leg off the load side of the contactor. How do I know what current draw under these conditons I am supose to be pulling? The chart copeland gives only states -25 sst 65deg. return gas temp. and 105 deg.cod. temp. Is there a performance curve that will list FLA's under current conditions?
    I'm not sure about your link but it seems you're only looking at Copeland's summary. To the left is performance, which will show you the different capacities and amperage at different pressures.

Lightbulb

In order to get expected amp draw at a specific condition, you also need to have exact voltage to input into program...

Hope this helps...
    Isn't sanity just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is that one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, well, the sky's the limit!

Here is what i am looking at Please direct me to to the chart u r refering too!!

woops here is the data i am looking at
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by NANOTECH View Post
    Here is what i am looking at Please direct me to to the chart u r refering too!!
    This it?

Ok, I do not see the electrical info or any curves? Only btu ratings!

Thank very much ascj! I see it now!!

Lightbulb

Here you go....

Hope this helps...
    Isn't sanity just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is that one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, well, the sky's the limit!

Lightbulb

Oops...

Round 2..
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lightbulb

I see you got your answer I was alittle too late...

Anyway on the performance calculator, it said you should expcet 19.1 amps at the condition you described...

I am going to have to pull those heads. When I arrived the compressor was off on oil safety control-- reset control would trip after about 5 min. run time. Oil regulator S/G at 1/2 full. Net oil pressure @ 5psig. Thought oil pump was bad! Pulled pick- up screen and it was completely plugged with metal shavings and chucks of what seemed like sludge! Cleaned it and the sentronic sensor. Changed oil filter and started back up. Net oil pressure was 21 psig crackcase oil level @ 1/2 full. Tapping sound comming from compressor! Only pulling 23 amps. According to copeland's peformance chart should be pulling approx. 39.1 amps. My diadosis with all this info is a busted connecting rod on one side of the twins! Will confirm tomorrow after pulling heads!

Notice to all the old timers on this site this is not a test but your years of experence will be ? Attention all refrigeation technicians--- I promise to be honest after pulling heads tomorrow!! Any one care to confirm my diagnosis or have another ---with all information given!?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast