scotsman evaporator plate

Have scottsman SCE 170a-1a ice maker that a customer gave me because the metal grid that divides ice cubes on the evaporator plate has come off and they want a small fortune for a new plate--does anyone have any tricks on getting this to stay on and working as it should---the machine works great---or anyone have a used plate ?
    chico

I dont think there's any sure fire tricks for that. Any way you look at it, you run the chance of freezing up and pushing tha grid off the plate again. I'll keep my eyes open for a used plate but dont hold your breath. If you really want it, you should just go and get the new plate.
    Every customer you take for granted today will be someone else's tomorrow.

Yank the broken grid off. If you don't mind having big long cubes or if it's really bad, one solid sheet! Just use a paddle to break it up!

Just checking that you know there's a 5 year warranty on the evaporator. I've changed a couple under warranty. I believe, if memory serves, you get 4.5 hrs.
    labor also.

Just checked the Scotsman labor rate book. An evaporator on a self-contained cuber like the SCE170 is 3.5 hours.
    Every customer you take for granted today will be someone else's tomorrow.