+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Imagiation!

Post Likes

Frown

Have you ever ran across a person, most likely a man, that would tell you things that you were not true. I have seen that in grown men. I did'nt understand it. Now for the first time in my life, there was a little boy here at my house this evening that had wild stories to tell. In other words he could do anything. But it was storys and lies, they sounded good. His mother goes job to job! Now don't you tell me that a woman can raise a boy to be a man, he really has to do that on his own.

Post Likes
    That what wrong with most boys & young men to day their is no dad or man to show them how to act show they run the show at home.

Post Likes
    Reminds of a guy who used to stop at the same donut shop where about 6-8 of would stp each morning. He would talk about the big farms he had out in the valley(2 hours away) and how he had a home in Las Vegas and was a friend of Wayne Newton. Well one day I get a call at this somewhat dumpy little house in a so-so neighborhood and guess who lived there. When I was inside I didn't say anthing about his apparent reversal of fortune (wife was home). Turns out the guy is a janitor at the high school across the street from his house. Didn't see him again after that. Oh yeah also said he owned a helicopter

Post Likes
    I knew a guy like that the first semester in college. I think it's just that they are really uncomfortable around other people, and they assume everyone is passing judgement on them so they must make up these stories to "fit in".

The guy I knew talked alot about "mob connections" and having to kill people. I just guessed that he felt sort of powerless in his life and decided that this new facade would make him seem "tougher" to those that he percieved to be a threat.

EDIT: In response to the first post I think that it is perfectly acceptable for a young child to have a vivid imagination. I think it would be totally uncalled for, and even abusive to punish a child for being creative.

[Edited by jingoism on 02-04-2005 at 01:12 AM]

Post Likes

Hey jing

I think your real name is Jared!

Post Likes
    Originally posted by jingoism

EDIT: In response to the first post I think that it is perfectly acceptable for a young child to have a vivid imagination.
    [Edited by jingoism on 02-04-2005 at 01:12 AM]
    So you think it is OK for a young person to become a habitual liar at a young age in order to stand out in the presence of his/her peers?

Post Likes
    Children at a young age often tell wild stories that in the strictest sense could be construed as "lying", but I would say that these are constructive outlets for the child.

Is the child lying about something to benefit himself directly? ( ie. I didn't knock that vase over! )

Is the child lying about something completely innocuous? ( ie. I flew an airplane today! )

The difference is staggering, and stifling the creativity of a young child will definately have detrimental effects on him.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by jingoism
    Children at a young age often tell wild stories that in the strictest sense could be construed as "lying", but I would say that these are constructive outlets for the child.

Is the child lying about something to benefit himself directly? ( ie. I didn't knock that vase over! )

Is the child lying about something completely innocuous? ( ie. I flew an airplane today! )

The difference is staggering, and stifling the creativity of a young child will definately have detrimental effects on him.
    I agree completly jingo, what happened to letting kids be kids.
    So many people treat kids as little adults, friends instead of their children. Let them have fun.

Post Likes
    Last summer I had to dive off the Disney cruise ship and rescue a lady from a shark. I ended up swimming down it's throat and pulled her arm from it's belly. I then proceeded to kill it bare handed. She happened to be the daughter of a very wealthy oil tycoon and I now own several untapped oil wells in Alaska.

I've ran into a few of these guys in my life and when you are around them with your buddies and they are yapping on about some b/s it's funny and stupid all at the same time. I'm kind of a jackass and usually call them on their crazy shit and they shut up.

But the story above is true. I swear.

Post Likes
    Mattm; so your the jackass! That was my wife I spent alot of time and effort to set up that um um accident. "Thanks alot" the doctor says she'll be OK.
    "Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Post Likes

mattm's post was what I was talking about

When your a child you think like a child. This boy is a good. I hope he grows out of it. He needs an older brother or father. In fact his mother said we could raise him. I'm willing, have'nt talked to the wife yet. Point is that when you are a man, these wild things that you say you have done need to be backed up, pictures or something. If a man is going lie to me make it quick, don't draw it out. I have things to do. And don't say "You think I'm lying, Don't You".

Post Likes
    Low self-esteem is the cause of this behavior. His father left, so he feels as though he is unworthy. He tells stories to impress you, and gain your approval. Tell him he is somebody.
    A Diamond is just a piece of coal, that made good under pressure!

Post Likes
    When a grown man does this sort of thing it's ridiculous. When a child does it, it's a small cry for help. Perhaps the only attention he's ever gotten was from the tall tales he tells. Be a good guy and let him know that's not the way to get positive attention. Sounds like he's got alot missing in his life. Perhaps a bit of help by your family will do this boy a world of good. Only one way to find out I guess.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in