Thread: Smoked Hens

Hybrid View

Smoked Hens

Anybody got some good recipes for smoking cornish game hens? I rubbed 'em with sea salt,ground pepper,paprika and thyme. Stuffed 'em with sage and fresh rosemary before I stuck the beer up there butt and put 'em on the smoker.

What do you guys do?

i do not have a recipe but after you smoke them you could send me one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

i cook these quite often. i use an energy dirnk can. i put honey, roasted garlic, apple juice and beer in it. i never use the same rub because i make something new every time. i will inject it with apple juice or comething sometimes, but i always inject the legs atleast once during cooking so they don't dry out. if i am cooking alot at one time i will lightly cover them with tin foil untill the last 20 minuts or so.

YUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by snupytcb View Post
    i cook these quite often. i use an energy dirnk can. i put honey, roasted garlic, apple juice and beer in it. i never use the same rub because i make something new every time. i will inject it with apple juice or comething sometimes, but i always inject the legs atleast once during cooking so they don't dry out. if i am cooking alot at one time i will lightly cover them with tin foil untill the last 20 minuts or so.

Quote Originally Posted by snupytcb View Post
    Great idea about the foil and juice. Even with the water pan it did dry the legs out, but all in all it was pretty good. I am going to change up the ingredients next time and buy a syringe.

and then send one to Basehor Kansas!

Quote Originally Posted by DavyB View Post
    Great idea about the foil and juice. Even with the water pan it did dry the legs out, but all in all it was pretty good. I am going to change up the ingredients next time and buy a syringe.

Quote Originally Posted by supertek65 View Post
    and then send one to Basehor Kansas!
    LOL, I would brother, but by the time you got it, it would taste like smoked garbage with a side a salmonella!

thats why they make aluminum foil!

you cook it and I will have Art / timebuilder fly out and bring it to me!

a little heavy on the garlic please!

LOL, I would brother, but by the time you got it, it would taste like smoked garbage with a side a salmonella!

LOL!

i take game hens and rub the inside with mustard and a little honey, then stuff the inside with carrots and celery mixed up fine. on the outside i coat them with olive oil, seasoning salt, sage, garlic, and basil. stick'em in a pan (or even better, on a spit!) and roast'em till they are 165 at the thickest part of the breast. If you roast'em over a fire, do not let them get too hot early, or they will burn instead of browning and the inside may not be fully done.

Quote Originally Posted by seuadr View Post
    i take game hens and rub the inside with mustard and a little honey, then stuff the inside with carrots and celery mixed up fine. on the outside i coat them with olive oil, seasoning salt, sage, garlic, and basil. stick'em in a pan (or even better, on a spit!) and roast'em till they are 165 at the thickest part of the breast. If you roast'em over a fire, do not let them get too hot early, or they will burn instead of browning and the inside may not be fully done.
    Thanks for the recipe. The "inside" ingredients I use on ribs. I'm gonna try your recipe this weekend. Low and slow.

Thanks for the recipe. The "inside" ingredients I use on ribs. I'm gonna try your recipe this weekend. Low and slow.
    if it is your first time using mustard, a little goes a long ways. I ended up preferring a small squirt of honey (mebby 1/4 tsp) to 1 tbs mustard per bird, personally.