Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    I just spoke with the owner and he's going to be fix everything that has been mentioned here except replacing the return box underneath of the new Air Handler. He feels that functionally it's fine, and that replacing it is structurally unecessary.

I called Trane technical support and they agreed that the install appers to be fine. I contemplated asking him to create a false wall to at least make it look more finished, but perhaps that's a bit silly. What do you think?

I'll repost more photos of the completed job. Thanks for your help.

[Edited by kcrossley on 02-02-2005 at 09:53 AM]

My Trane salesman was here this morning and I showed him your pictures. I can assure you that Trane does not want poor installers installing these systems and he sent your pictures and a link to this thread to some people at Trane. I was doing something else and forgot to ask who he sent these to. I don't know if anything will come of this but they may respond here for your location. This was a factory Trane rep. and he seemed interested in your problems.

Originally posted by trane
    My Trane salesman was here this morning and I showed him your pictures. I can assure you that Trane does not want poor installers installing these systems and he sent your pictures and a link to this thread to some people at Trane. I was doing something else and forgot to ask who he sent these to. I don't know if anything will come of this but they may respond here for your location. This was a factory Trane rep. and he seemed interested in your problems.
    The installer has since fixed most of these problems. The one issue that remains is the larger A/H on top of the smaller return duct base. I spoke with a Trane tech support rep today and he said that cosmetically it may not look as nice, but functionally it's fine. Of course, if Trane is interested in this install I would be more than happy to let them inspect/correct anything that they feel is askew. It's my German blood lines that curse me with perfection.

Kelly

Hi. I have been following this since you first posted. Glad the obvious problems, mostly cosmetic, have been taken care of. But like what was said earlier...was there a nitrogen purge during brazing and a 500 micron vac done after brazing? This will really come back to haunt you in the future. You have put out a lot of money on this system and I hope the installers did the purge and vac.

Originally posted by frigetater
    Hi. I have been following this since you first posted. Glad the obvious problems, mostly cosmetic, have been taken care of. But like what was said earlier...was there a nitrogen purge during brazing and a 500 micron vac done after brazing? This will really come back to haunt you in the future. You have put out a lot of money on this system and I hope the installers did the purge and vac.
    I don't know. Is the process you're referring to supposed to remove all of the impurities in the line after brazing? Isn't there some kind of filter built in to the system that does this?

the nitro purge keeps scale from forming inside line while brazing...the deep vacumn removes moisture from system..after looking at your pics of the installation I am wondering if this was done???????

You can be fairly positive they didn't run any nitrogen through the system while they were brazing the lines. The burned panel on the outdoor unit would indicate that it was in place on the unit while they were brazing the lines. It would be more than a little difficult to connect to the service ports with that panel in place.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Originally posted by mark beiser
    You can be fairly positive they didn't run any nitrogen through the system while they were brazing the lines. The burned panel on the outdoor unit would indicate that it was in place on the unit while they were brazing the lines. It would be more than a little difficult to connect to the service ports with that panel in place.
    I checked and he said that they did. At this point, how would I know if they didn't?

you wouldn't.

Did you getthe 10 year P&L warranty?
    How tall are you Private???!!!!

Originally posted by BoltonNC
    you wouldn't.

Did you getthe 10 year P&L warranty?
    Where do I purchase that from? Do I have to go through the original installer or can any dealer sell me this?

Original installer can sell it to you, and any Trane dealer will honor it..
    How tall are you Private???!!!!

Originally posted by trane
    If possible, I'd like to speak with your Trane rep. He can reach me by using the [Send me a messgae] button at the bottom of this web page: http://homepage.mac.com/kcrossley/PhotoAlbum27.html This way he can remain anonymous. Thanks for your help.

Kelly

[Edited by kcrossley on 02-03-2005 at 09:30 AM]

Originally posted by BoltonNC
    Original installer can sell it to you, and any Trane dealer will honor it..
    About how much do these run?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast