Woke up this morning, felt a little warm in the house so I went and checked the stat, It read 63 degrees and was running wide open, aux heat and all (HP), I put a new one up and it read 82, good thing this didnt happen during the day while I was gone.

Is there a decent digi prog stat not made in China

Have you checked out the Honeywell Vision Pro? I'm not sure where it's made but I've had good performance from these stats.
    • Electricity makes refrigeration happen.
    • Refrigeration makes the HVAC psychrometric process happen.
    • HVAC pyschrometrics is what makes indoor human comfort happen...IF the ducts AND the building envelope cooperate.

A building is NOT beautiful unless it is also comfortable.

I came in one bitter morning and the office was bitter cold too. My stat was calling for heat, so was dispatch. Went up to the furnace, hmmmm, why doesn't the zone panel call for heat? Went back down, checked front stat, set at 0 and calling for cooling. Fortunately the LAS of the zone panel kept the coil from freezing and the panel would let the other 2 zones heat a bit from time to time. Otherwise the P374-1100s have been reliable. Reprogrammed the stat back to normal and has been fine since.

Mine was a P274-1300, I have a meeting scheduled this evening between it and a sledgehammer.

I might try one of those Vision Pro stats