Thread: Lots of moisture build up on Ruud Acheiver 90 Plus

Post Likes
    I'm looking at a home to buy. The only problem I came up against is the realitive new heating system. A Ruud Acheiver 90 Plus. The unit is placed in the basement which is really drafty. But as I can see there is a vent that travels 5 feet to outside and gas line comming in for about 12 feet. I noticed a 5 gallon bucket under a small pvc valve or "T" that was full of water. The nieghbor has same model and she says she had to buy a sump pump and place it in the bucket and drain it to her washer drain. Now does these models put off that much moisture build up or what? I find it really weird that two models in same condex installed by the same person has this much water condensation. Meeting with owner on Saturday and would like to know what to ask or do when I get there. Forced hot air by the way. Water build up is a 5 gallon bucket a day. No water pipes that are near by leaking into it either. Checked that out. Vent looked to be 2.5 to 3 inches. Well any insite will be nice thank you.
    Jeremy

Modman Guest
    These furnaces generate water when they operate by design. The flue gasses condense due to the efficiency of the unit.
    The water should be plumbed to an acceptable drain. Have a local service company repair according to local code. A 5 gal. bucket is not acceptable.

Post Likes
    Modman is right... He may not be the most handsome, but he is right, there is nothing wrong with this furnace except the installer was lazy. The pump you refer to is used when an accpetable floor drain is not available in the immediate area.

Post Likes

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in