+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adding a pic to post

Post Likes
    No you cant do videos or sounds with the img tags

This might help... http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/index.php?action=bbcode (instructions on using bbcode)

Post Likes
    [http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?threadid=69589&pagenumber=1]

Post Likes

what am I doing

[img]You guys are not older or stupidier than I am. The problem with posting pictures on here is that you have to learn too many steps all at once. Most people I assume what to post a picture that they took of something.

That means you have to get the picture from your camera or computer to a host site then from there to here.

I am suggesting just practicing going from "there to here" a couple of times until you get the hang of it. If you go to the list of forums for this site there is one called "Practice,testing Area". Try downloading any picture from the internet on to the practice forum. Every picture has to go inbetween the []img and the [/]img. YOU HAVE TO PUT IMG INSIDE THE [].

After you master downloading any picture then you can work on getting your pictures over to the host site.

Here is one I just did from the top of this page. It takes less that 5 seconds.

1. put cursor on the image you want to post.

2. right click. A window will open. Left click on "Properties"

3. Another window will open. Highlight the entire text after what is written next to "Address {URL]"

4. Copy the highlighted part.

5. Come here and open posting window. Type []img hit paste type[/]img PUT IMG INSIDE OF the []

6. hit the "submit now" button.

[Edited by benncool on 02-02-2005 at 01:15 PM]

The signature is out for repair. Please standby and some wit will be posted shortly[/img]

Post Likes

not getting it

[img]You guys are not older or stupidier than I am. The problem with posting pictures on here is that you have to learn too many steps all at once. Most people I assume what to post a picture that they took of something.

That means you have to get the picture from your camera or computer to a host site then from there to here.

I am suggesting just practicing going from "there to here" a couple of times until you get the hang of it. If you go to the list of forums for this site there is one called "Practice,testing Area". Try downloading any picture from the internet on to the practice forum. Every picture has to go inbetween the []img and the [/]img. YOU HAVE TO PUT IMG INSIDE THE [].

After you master downloading any picture then you can work on getting your pictures over to the host site.

3. Another window will open. Highlight the entire text after what is written next to "Address {URL]"

5. Come here and open posting window. Type []img hit paste type[/]img PUT IMG INSIDE OF the []

The signature is out for repair. Please standby and some wit will be posted shortly[/img]

Post Likes
    type [img][/img] copy image in between ][ then paste

Post Likes
    I can't get it to work

Post Likes

The signature is out for repair. Please standby and some wit will be posted shortly

Post Likes
    Something is wrong I copy the URL label but I keep pasting benncools reply. Can anyone help.How do I clear my paster, lol.

Post Likes
    benncool advise me on this let me think about it.

Post Likes
    benncool
    Professional Member

You forgot to copy the second url so the google url was still on your clipboard. Or sometimes they are protected images on the internet and they won't let you copy them

This is what he told me.

Post Likes
    It aint.....

Post Likes
    It's pretty close

Post Likes
    Originally posted by fixerup
    It's pretty close

http://www.londonstimes.us/toons/car...lin_rocket.gif
    Try this

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in