Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: One hr air

Angry

Anyone here use use the ONE HR AIR companies??? There should be a law against this. All techs and installers are paid commision for what they sale. The installers get paid 8% of the total job plus the lead tech has to split the 8% with his helper. In my own mind this will lead an honest tech to a deceptive tech. Am I correct for thinking this way? How can service men and gals make an honest living with that? I know i couldnt. Best advice i give all the time. Dont jump at the first offer get a second and sometimes 3rd opinion on that bad furnace, Ask if they are paid commision on sales? get 3 estimates..that goes for every job.

Thank you thank you very much

Confused whoaaaaaa back up buddy

I don't know where you get your information about One hour Air companys, but you better watch what you say. I happen to work for a One Hour Air/Heating. We do not get paid by commission. Whatever systems we sell go straight to the company. Our company is small, with 4 techs. We do all the selling, maintenance, installs, sheetmetal/duct work, and service calls. Our boss pays us a very good wage. We have a very good business and have been around for almost 50 years. Whenever I go out on a quote, I ask the customer if they have other quotes. If not I let them know to shop around and compare prices if they are not sold on my company. Most do and most will come back and let us install the systems because they appreceiate our honesty,and they are impressed with our work. If they weren't then we would not have been in business this long. So be careful what you say until you have all the facts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

pay per performance

installers...........

let's say an average daily job for an hvac company is 5000 dollars. 8 percent of this is 400 bucks. Give your helper 30 percent of that....that leaves 280 bucks for the lead. 5 days in the work week, so you make 1400 bucks for the week. sure sucks to be that efficient installer who can do a one day furnace/condenser/lineset install.

this is a trend that will continue to grow. i don't believe business owners are trying to screw over installers. most have business models that show your installation labor should not exceed 8 percent of your gross revenue. that is where 8 percent pay comes from.

this also makes installers more effecient and more accountable.

so if your a hot shot installer, i can't see what the problem is making a percentage of the job instead of hourly rate. keep in mind that if you are a poor installer, it would probably be better if you stayed on hourly rate.

when i was installing residential systems, i was a million dollar a year installer. i worked with 2 other job foremen that also installed a mill a year. a fair percentage of our jobs were cut-ins, and we had fairly green helpers. so it would be relatively easy to make a great living on piece rate type work. you just have to step out of your comfort zone and commit.

sorry,but if i'm a hot-shot installer....i will go out on my own before i work for commision....that's what you did isn't it??

installers and techs should be paid hrly not by commission. there is a thread in the general discussion about this also, Look at airtime 500

i don't know where you got that information about the one hr air company but they are defenitely not all like that. they are indeed a member of airtime 500 though.
    on the matter of installers or technicians getting a commission i disagree i think employees should get a commission OF SOME SORT. hell if i make my boss twice as much as his other employees then i should make more. Would you like the tech to give you the option of the no frills unit or maybe you want the hi tech unit with humidifier. if the tech ain't getting at least a twenty dollar bill to get you to upgrade then your not getting the option cuz he just wants to get to the next call and get you to close and get out of your house as soon as possible. I think the people at the register at wal-mart should get a commission. wouldn't you love to see them actually give a damn about getting you checked out in a timely fashion instead of yelling to the clerk at the next register about how her boyfriend is a lazy good for nothing as she moves at snails speed to ring you up.

thats the problem.... Shopping at Wal-Mart. I stay away from that evil, small business eater, and so should everyone else...

my fiance happens to be the cousin who owns one hour air in myrtle beach

its funny to see people tslking about it. im new o the industry. im kevin fromm boston. im very aggressive and want to make serious cash any serioud advice?

i think it is structured to help good techs that are poor at the business side and thus clue them in ... most people know they have to wait for someone good ... just like a doctor ...the 1 hour concept will help some and some it wont

Originally posted by mo-flo
    sorry,but if i'm a hot-shot installer....i will go out on my own before i work for commision....that's what you did isn't it??

Originally posted by mo-flo

I agree.

What is so hard about paying a guy what he is worth and forget about commision and flat rate hours and all the other BS?

And the crap about being sent home when it's slow, but requiring OT when it's busy?

Might as well go into business for myself.

Man I'm glad I don't do resi anymore... like a feeding frenzy. I honestly think these types of companies have changed the industry forever, and not in a good way. Are there any "honest" companies left?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast