Originally posted by jim15102
I did not close the vents the installer did to force air to the rooms I was complaining about! I did not know this would cause a problem.
Now you do, so you should open them.
I also understand the two stage furnances, the problem like I said before its that on the first stage (which is most of the time) the house is cold even with the thermostat set at 71. On high fire the house is very comfortable.[/i]
This isn't an indication that the furnace is undersized. In fact, it may be that the furnace is sized correctly, perhaps even a little oversized, and that your thermostat just needs to either be set higher and/or be set with a smaller deadband.
The reason I do not think this furnace is correct for my house is that I used 16 MCF's (bills are always actual) to heat my house last month. That is more than my 32 year old 130,00 btu furnace ever used in a single month. And the fact that most other estimates were between 70k and 80k furnaces.[/i]
It has been a cold winter in most of the country. How do your heating degree days for this billing period compare to last years? Also, are your new windows more energy efficient than your old ones, or the other way around?