Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: R-410-A

Lightbulb

I have a 410 R (R = remington)
    multi-purpose ...has high pressure & superheat!!

[Edited by jt47 on 02-01-2005 at 10:13 PM]

Talking

Originally posted by jt47
    I have a 410 R (R = remington)
    for seek & trap?

Talking

It's tough to break 50 with a 410 gauge.

ok off top of my head on 90 degree day you could be easily seeing 425 lb to 500 depending on dirt in the coil area on high side. if outdoor fan quits and high pressure switch fails you could be looking at 900.

...and internal overload fails and internal releif fails, and... I dont think you'll see 900, nice scare tactic though. How many times have you seen R-22 at 580 PSIG?

[Edited by docholiday on 02-03-2005 at 08:42 AM]

well saw one that topped out my gauges..... took out 8 1/2 lbs of 22 and the pressures came down to normal. This guy called back the company that just put in an extra 3 lbs the day before and they gladly gave his money back for the R 22.. but still charged for the service call.... And no I aint not never seen 900 lbs... but the last class I went to said it was possible, so nahhhhhhhhh

Lol

well the saturation temperature would have to be... nearly 190. I cant even find a chart that goes that high...

You are right, once you go to solid liquid you can go into hydraulics but heck, you can get 10,000 pounds of pressure out of R-22 or 4-10 at that when they go into hydraulic pressures (water too).

All I am saying is, short of hydraulics, you are not going to see 900 psig when there is any vapor present. And if it were heading that way, the inernal relief of the compressor would open long before that.

I'm certain superheat and subcooling readings are just as valid with R 410A systems as they are with R-22 or any other refrigerant.

Pressures are helpful, but only tell part of the story. Saturated vapor and saturated condensing temperatures, along with corresponding superheat or subcooling, go a lot farther than pressures alone.
    • Electricity makes refrigeration happen.
    • Refrigeration makes the HVAC psychrometric process happen.
    • HVAC pyschrometrics is what makes indoor human comfort happen...IF the ducts AND the building envelope cooperate.

A building is NOT beautiful unless it is also comfortable.

I don't care if I go up to a 1940 unit I'm having a chart in my pocket.... only way to fly....and I just love tellin people they have to much refrigerant in their system.. they look at me like I'm crazy..... take out a lb or so and they are totally amazed that they put up with their unit so long and had no idea how really well it can work...... bottom line is after that, you have a customer for life.

Re: ??

Originally posted by mdman
    Why does anybody reference pressure for any refrigerant, ever?

It's the saturation temps that are relevant to heat exchange and refrigerant condition...super-heat, sub-cooling, ATD (a.k.a. split)! I have never thought in terms of pressure unless computing absolute compression ratio.

I guess that's just what happens when you learn how it works before you start playing with gauges.

md
    " What He SAID"! doesnt matter where you go or where you are , read the pressure temp chart on you guages or your charts and relate them to the ambient and the, delta T

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12