Thread: Water under heater Help!

Post Likes

Confused

Hi, big and smart professional! I am homeowner, I am woman and I have this winter so much trouble with my water system. And I found that my heater unit in basement has leaking water under it. I redid a lot of things in house in 1998 including new heating. I have hot air system with filters and humidifier. I would call professional but guy who installed it unreachable and I don't have anyone else right now. I have heat in house and I am afraid just call anyone because I have 4 little kids here, one of them one month old baby. And it is freezing outside. I will get someone later but I want to know something. Here is my question: if it is hot air system with humidifier can the water leaked from it? Or it is impossible and it is my water system and I need to call plumber, do I?
    Thanks a lot,
    Upset and unhappy woman

Post Likes
    When was the last time you had the humidifier serviced and for that matter the system?
    How tall are you Private???!!!!

Post Likes
    Long time ago. Originally I asked my contractor to do it on regular basis but he did't. So you think that it is possible that it is my humidifier problem, is it?

Post Likes
    1. If your contractor will not service your equipment, you need a new contractor.

2. Water + furnace = bad!

3. Lack of maintenace is what caused this mess, and it may cost you alot of money to have fixed...

4. Lesson of the day is have your equipment serviced bi-annually and change the humidifier pad before each heating season.
    How tall are you Private???!!!!

Post Likes
    Turn the water off that is going to the humidifer. If the water under the unit disappears, the problem is in the humidifer.

Post Likes
    Thank you very much. I am trying something. I let you know if it works . This winter is really trying. I am absolute technically helpless and I even didn't know how my humidifier looks I only knew that I paid for it. But someone told me that water can come from the ground and it doesn't sound right. Thanks again.
    U-woman

Post Likes
    Sorry to hear about your troubles...

I would suggest that you find a reputable service company in your area and have them service not only your leaking humidifier but also your heating system on a yearly basis.

Sounds like you have neither serviced.

Post Likes
    When that unexpecting technician helps you out of your problem please make it a point to thank the individual for having what it took to help you! We are brothers of a trade and not the "You Guys" that caused your delima!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in