Earth Sheltered home

2352 sq. ft. with a constant temperature of 62 F. I wish to use a geothermal heat pump with a water to water horizontal ground closed loop for a hydronic wet on grade slab radiant floor. I wish to keep the house at 72 F. All floors will be covered with ceramic tile. Also I want heat all the hot water for this three bathroom home. What size unit (tons) will I need? How many ft. of PEX will I need for the buried closed loop? How many ft. of PEX will I need for the radiant floor? The home will be made up of three modules of 28'x28'13' 6"(ceilings). The windows will be tripel pane and energy star. The two outside doors will be steel and energy star. The home will be all reinforced concrete. The home will be very tight with a lot of insulation. I'm in a wheelchair, if that makes a difference. This home will be built in Altus (Jackson county) Oklahoma. I hope I've given enough data. Thank you for your time and effort.
    Last edited by elmerfudd2; 12-02-2007 at 11:31 PM.

Beautiful, Philadelphia, the City of Brotherly Love!

You got the wrong forum, nobody here can guess at what you need or how to do it.

In the old days those who lived in caves, just lit a few branches on fire.

I think you could heat this place with a couple of hair dryers.

E-mail me with some more info, I will try to help.
    "If it feels good, do it" The Liberals Mantra

Red face Complete planning take time

Quote Originally Posted by elmerfudd2 View Post
    2352 sq. ft. with a constant temperature of 62 F. I wish to use a geothermal heat pump with a water to water horizontal ground closed loop for a hydronic wet on grade slab radiant floor. I wish to keep the house at 72 F. All floors will be covered with ceramic tile.

Also I want heat all the hot water for this three bathroom home.

What size unit (tons) will I need?
    How many feet of PEX will I need for the buried closed loop?
    How many ft. of PEX will I need for the radiant floor?

The home will be made up of three modules of 28'x28'13' 6"(ceilings). The windows will be tripel pane and energy star. The two outside doors will be steel and energy star. The home will be all reinforced concrete.

The home will be very tight with a lot of insulation.

I'm in a wheelchair, if that makes a difference. This home will be built in Altus (Jackson county) Oklahoma. I hope I've given enough data. Thank you for your time and effort.
    It would only take 10 to 20 hours to determine a real design ... sizing and layout
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

Quote Originally Posted by elmerfudd2 View Post
    2352 sq. ft. with a constant temperature of 62 F. I wish to use a geothermal heat pump with a water to water horizontal ground closed loop for a hydronic wet on grade slab radiant floor. I wish to keep the house at 72 F. All floors will be covered with ceramic tile. Also I want heat all the hot water for this three bathroom home. What size unit (tons) will I need? How many ft. of PEX will I need for the buried closed loop? How many ft. of PEX will I need for the radiant floor? The home will be made up of three modules of 28'x28'13' 6"(ceilings). The windows will be tripel pane and energy star. The two outside doors will be steel and energy star. The home will be all reinforced concrete. The home will be very tight with a lot of insulation. I'm in a wheelchair, if that makes a difference. This home will be built in Altus (Jackson county) Oklahoma. I hope I've given enough data. Thank you for your time and effort.
    If you build it right, you don't need the heat pump or the radiant floor. You will need a dehumdifier.
    http://www.earthshelters.com/

When you have a very well insulated home, radiant floor heating no longer makes sense. If you want to maintain the air temperature at 72 degrees in the winter, you end up with a floor temperature of 72.5 degrees.

It is definitely time for you to do a LOT of research.