+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Are you over paid?

Post Likes
    This is a plug and play, enter your 2004 income and let it compare your wages with a celeberty.

http://salary.monster.com/salarytime...stml_start.asp

[Edited by Paul R. Burkett on 01-28-2005 at 03:24 PM]

Post Likes
    I thought I couldn't get any more depressed....
    I work with the Chiller Whisperer...

Post Likes
    My company pays me fair. Christmas bonus and the regular profit sharing. They make money, I make money. I'm not saying that I love them. I just don't know why I can't put more money in the bank every payday? OT out the wazoo. But longggg hours.

Post Likes

Talking

I have NEVER been overpaid. Under appreciated, yes. Overpaid? Never...
    "That's good enough..." usually isn't.

Post Likes

Hey Air!

You said it right again. It seems like the more you make the more BS you have to put up with. Like this new "Core Competencies" at work. Why did'nt they just say "Basic Skills". And "Dialog". With my boss it's a monolog where he does all the talking. Funny thing he is never ever wrong. Hummmm? Us guy's in the workplace over 50 are on their way out. This country is tailored to the young college boys, with their new sayings like "Come to closure and Synergies". Never mind about the basic skills, just have the verbal skills and you impress everybody. Whewww, was that me that just said that. Maybe it's called burn out. Roy

Post Likes

Talking

oroy

I have learned that charm and fancy words can get you by for about 15 minutes, Then you better have a big Willy or huge Boobs!

Post Likes

CONSOLDATORS ONE LINERS

roy , i love the corporate one liners ,you missed a few classics ,heres some good ones from consolidator management training ,
    1) synergy
    2) best practices
    3) same store growth
    4) sales to closing ratio
    5) WIP report ( work in progress,always lie and exagerate)
    6) top down flow chart for the strategic planning meeting
    thats a few , the sad thing is the consolidator went belly up in less than 5 years with enough cash to choke a herd of elephants hows that for CORE COMPETANCY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .I,M OUT

Post Likes
    I compared my wage to my future wife (cameron diaz), oddly enough she makes a tad more than I do. But I'm ok with this... that means she can support me!

Oh wait, she's already taken by some boy band beotch isn't she? Bah...

Lynn "still not over paid" Amick

Post Likes
    I'm an old fart...55. Social Security sends a form that shows how much taxable income I've made every year since I was sixteen (1966)..Got out my trusty calculator and added wages for all the years from 1966 to 2004..38 years and it ain't a million....920K

Jennifer Aniston used to get $1,250,000 PER EPISODE of Friends. They shoot an episode in like 3 days time.
    She has made more money in 3 frickin days than I will make in my entire working lifespan....talk about making you feel insignificant.
    How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

Post Likes

jaymax and robinair

Welcome to the corporate america. This is where the little 20 year kid engineers try to bend us into there ways. I just don't understand the lingo. But one thing is for sure. There is not much of the "Sargent Sledge" attitude anymore. The old Bosses would'nt make it in the "New" atmosphere. I still think, I go to work, don't mess with me, let me do my job, don't get me hurt and go home to be with my family. The He$$ with dialog!

Post Likes
    im a loser

Post Likes
    Let your tools speak for you.
    A Diamond is just a piece of coal, that made good under pressure!

Post Likes
    Hope you're still kicking Tex...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in