+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SIZING HYDRONIC HEATERS

Post Likes
    I'm looking for a simple method to size for hydronic heaters. How many CFM/BTU to keep an X sized space at X degrees.

Post Likes
    You put the biggestest one in that will fit.

Post Likes

Simple answer.

It's not that simple.

or...
    It depends

ask on "the wall" at http://www.heatinghelp.com it's the hydronics site from the god of HH2O
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Post Likes
    well, you could use a rule of thumb such as: 1.5 cfm per every square foot of office space. this will not only take care of your heatload, but will address your fresh air requirements. now convert this to 400 cfm per ton. then, for each ton, figure about 25000 btu. this converted to baseboard @500 btu per foot using 180 degree water will require 50 feet of baseboard. this formula sucks so dont use it in real life, just do a load calc!

Post Likes
    Originally posted by mattm

There is a lot truth to that around my neck of the woods. We have a lot of people who do hot water heat but do not do furnaces or air conditiioning. (thank goodness)

Oil hot water boilers are the "King" "Boiler won't keep up- put in a bigger nozzel." Of course if the boiler is oversized for the job then you are golden.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by benncool
    Originally posted by mattm

There is a lot truth to that around my neck of the woods. We have a lot of people who do hot water heat but do not do furnaces or air conditiioning. (thank goodness)

Oil hot water boilers are the "King" "Boiler won't keep up- put in a bigger nozzel." Of course if the boiler is oversized for the job then you are golden.
    I have competitors ho do that, then a year or to down the road, after a hundred hours or so of impingement, I get to replace the boiler.

I LOVE it when they overfire them.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in