Deaf moviegoers sue theater chain

http://start.localnet.com/article.ph...a6c28d27ca0855

So, when will the lawsuits for concerts start? Baseball games? (all other sporting events) Children's school plays....etc., etc.?

How does one calculate the 'damages' one incurs from not being able to view a film at a certain theater chain anyway?
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Duh it was filed in berkley

Just ridiculous.

Then again if it works I'm suing Netflix
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

At least this has nothing to do with combustion analysis.

(Sorry)

The article says "unspecified damages". What damages have they suffered?
    It's a mechanical device, designed by humans, built by humans and operated by humans. What could possibly go wrong?

That's what I was wondering!
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

This country is in a world of hurt and we need to stop all the nonesense. It reminds me of this email someone sent me not long ago:

Subject: HIGH SCHOOL -- 1958 vs.2010

Scenario 1:

Jack goes quail hunting before school and then pulls into the school parking lot with his shotgun in his truck's gun rack.

1958 - Vice Principal comes over, looks at Jack's shotgun, goes to his car and gets his shot gun to show Jack.

2010 - School goes into lock down, FBI called, Jack hauled off to jail and never sees his truck or gun again. Counselors called in for traumatized students and teachers.

Scenario 2:

Johnny and Mark get into a fist fight after school.

1958 - Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up buddies.

2010 - Police called and SWAT team arrives -- they arrest both Johnny and Mark. They are both charged with assault and both expelled even though Johnny started it.

Scenario 3:

Jeffrey will not be still in class, he disrupts other students.

1958 - Jeffrey sent to the Principal's office and given a good paddling by the Principal. He then returns to class, sits still and does not disrupt class again.

2010 - Jeffrey is given huge doses of Ritalin. He becomes a zombie. He is then tested for ADD. The school gets extra money from the state because Jeffrey has a disability.

Scenario 4:

Billy breaks a window in his neighbor's car and his Dad gives him a whipping with his belt. Billy must do chores to earn the money to pay for the window.

1958 - Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to college and becomes a responsible, successful businessman.

2010 - Billy's dad is arrested for child abuse. Billy is removed to foster care and joins a gang. The state psychologist is told by Billy's sister that she remembers being abused herself and their dad goes to prison. Billy's mom has an affair with the psychologist.

Scenario 5:

Mark gets a headache and takes some aspirin to school.

1958 - Mark shares his aspirin with the Principal out on the smoking dock.

2010 - The police are called and Mark is expelled from school for drug violations. His car is then searched for drugs and weapons.

Scenario 6:

Pedro fails high school English.

1958 - Pedro goes to summer school, passes English and goes to college.< br>
    2010 - Pedro's cause is taken up by state. Newspaper articles appear nationally explaining that teaching English as a requirement for graduation is racist. ACLU files class action lawsuit against the state school system and Pedro's English teacher. English is then banned from core curriculum. Pedro is given his diploma anyway but ends up mowing lawns for a living because he cannot speak English.

Scenario 7:

Johnny takes apart leftover firecrackers from the Fourth of July, puts them in a model airplane paint bottle and blows up a red ant bed.

1958 - Ants die.

2010- ATF, Homeland Security and the FBI are all called. Johnny is charged with domestic terrorism. The FBI investigates his parents -- and all siblings are removed from their home and all computers are confiscated. Johnny's dad is placed on a terror watch list and is never allowed to fly again.

Scenario 8:

Johnny falls while running during recess and scrapes his knee. He is found crying by his teacher, Mary. Mary hugs him to comfort him.

1958 - In a short time, Johnny feels better and goes on playing.

2010 - Mary is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job. She faces 3 years in State Prison. Johnny undergoes 5 years of therapy

This should hit every email inbox to show just how stupid we have become!!

Quote Originally Posted by fixacr View Post
    The article says "unspecified damages". What damages have they suffered?
    I guess they are having a hard time sounding that one out.

Rochester Has one of the largest Deaf populations in the country. (We have the National Institute for the Deaf @ Rochester Institute of Technology)

No one here seems to be complaining??? weird?

although I am kinda curious as to how they are going to solve this problem? are they going to have a "crawl" at the bottom of the screen? which to be honest, I don't want to see?
    "Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

I think I will sue them if they put a crawl on the screen as it destroys the artists original intent of the movie so I would not be getting what I was paying for

Quote Originally Posted by kirbinster View Post
    I think I will sue them if they put a crawl on the screen as it destroys the artists original intent of the movie so I would not be getting what I was paying for

you mean like the 30 minutes of TV commercials at the start.
    "Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous