+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Belimo actuators hanging at 100%

Post Likes
    Is anyone having problems with belimo actuators loosing controll, they usually go to 100% and stay there with no signal to drive. controll signal is 2-10 belimo series actuator is nvg,and nvf. Cycle 24 volt power to actuator and controll is immediately restored. I have clean power to the actuator, good controll signal to the actuator, these are on both chilled water and hot water as well as steam valves, they are failing on trane summit bcu's, Carrier controll systems, teletroll systems, and a honeywell stand alone proportional reset temp controll. Belimo's response is that they have no problem. My solution has been to break controll power once every 24 hours, this seems to prevent loss of controll.

Post Likes
    I have had that same problem in my facility with the smaller Belimo valves (LR20?). A rep from Belimo came down and told us that there was a run of bad actuators and he is currently replacing them as we pull them out. I would try a actuator from Kele and verify that the problem is in fact the Belimo actuators.

Post Likes
    i had some belimos on an oa damper where the damper was mechanicly binding up and the actuators have built in stall protection and stop trying to drive.i loosened the linkage and they started working when actuator is stuck try removing it from its load and see if it works

Post Likes
    esdd,
    I have a couple of questions for you regarding the NV actuators:
    1) Are they retrofits, or complete assemblies?
    2) When the cover is removed, what lights are on/blinking?
    3) On the cover of the actuator below the top bar code, there is a "V" code (V-10001), what is the code on the actuator.

Jeff U.

Post Likes
    we also had a bad batch of actuators about a year ago, it was only valve actuators, belimo knows about these issues, i have put a ton in after this batch and all were ok

Post Likes
    Jeff U. Check my profile for my E-mail send me an e-mail and I will be glad to discuss in detail. I really would rather not post details on this forum. Eric

Post Likes
    Originally posted by jeff u
    esdd,
    I have a couple of questions for you regarding the NV actuators:
    1) Are they retrofits, or complete assemblies?
    2) When the cover is removed, what lights are on/blinking?
    3) On the cover of the actuator below the top bar code, there is a "V" code (V-10001), what is the code on the actuator.

Jeff U.
    Is there a bulletin coming down the distribution pipe? Since we sell these, it would be nice to know about a problem.

Post Likes
    Check out ELODRIVE actuators at http://www.elodriveusa.com. They make some good stuff and can directly replace a Belimo actuator.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in