Need help YORK fault code

I just picked up a client that owns numerous condo's. I have a heat pump problem that has me puzzled. The system starts and runs, then after approximately 10 minutes the reversing valve starts to growl, the fan shuts off and the compressor continues to run. The Defrost control board is a YORK GUARD W8045A (which is discontinued) The fault code LED blinks 5 times, pauses then repeats.

The condo complex has not kept any of the installation manuals and I cannot find one online. The system is a YORK Heat Pump EMCM594 172, HP 554N.
    I also need the R-22 Charging scale which is typically included in the installation manual.

Any information you fellows can provide would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Greg

call a tech
    work to live not live to work.

Quote Originally Posted by local553 View Post
    call a tech
    I am a Tech! Started and owned my own HVAC company for 13 years, went into teaching after closing my business in 1997, due to divorce. I was teaching the Building Maintenance Program for Gibson Technical Center. My program was eliminated with last years budget cuts, so I am back in the HVAC field, rusty but struggling to catch up to speed. I'm not a DIY'r trying to save $ on a service call.

Anyones assistance would be most helpful.
    Great to have you on board, get the post count up and see you over there. Like said, the local York dist. should have what info you need.
    Last edited by Stamas; 12-01-2010 at 09:23 AM. Reason: .

until you get your post up and show that you are a tech we cant help you... call york

Thanks all. I'm working on the posts. I really look forward to getting into the Pro & Ed forums. This is a great forum and I am anxious to meet you all in other discussions.

Greg