New thermostat and no heat even on the old one

Angry

I installed the new touch screen honeywell last night and the heat came on in the morning, but house was cold when I got home. I could hear the inducer motor coming on, but no fire. Then I noticed the gas valve was blinking 6 blinks (control in soft lockout). I verified my wiring which I think is pretty straight forward and I didn't see any problems. I shut the furnace off a couple of times and then it fired up and brought the house up to temp. Then it stopped firing again. I even went back to my old thermostat and I can't even get that to work it still won't fire. I took the panel off by the burner and I don't see the igniter glowing. The furnace is a arcoaire 2 stage 2 years old. Any suggestions on how to test the igniter? Thanks for the help I enjoy reading this board.

Trevor

Call a service tech. this site is only to help you if you have a question, not for DIY. That is a very nice t-stat btw.

There is no way to test that we could explain over the internet.
    Karst means cave. So, I search for caves.

tech has been called he'll be here in the morning I enjoy trouble shooting stuff.

still doing it

After I called the tech I decided to hook up the new thermostat and then I turned up the temps and it fired up again, so I let it run all night. It ran fine for a couple of days and then the same thing happened. This time the only thing I did was turn off the switch to the furnace for about 10 minutes and then it fired up again and ran all night. I called the tech back and told him It started to work again, try not to waste his time. Anybody have any suggestions.

Thanks

Sounds like furnace is shutting off on saftey. When you turn the power off you are resetting the control and you cannot tell what it was. There should be diagnostic lights on the control board when unit shuts down you need to check the lights, count the flashes you see. When the tech. returns tell him the flash code and he will fix your furnace.

It flashes 6 times and sticker on furnace says it's in restart.

Brand, model and serial of furnace?

arcoaire 2 stage 80+ ntp6100gfg1 the valve is a honeywell