Will D-TEK hit on 410A?

Question

Will Inficon D-TEK (not the newer D-TEK "Select") indicate on HFC's , specifically 410A?

TIA,

md

Yeah, it will, but, as with all of the HFC's, there is a learning curve using the non-adjustable Dtek.

Remember to keep the filter clean, and make sure you have a good sensor. Move SLOWLY when leak testing, and if you even THINK you have a hit, back out of the area, set the sensitivity on low, and try it again. If there's even a little blurb, soap it up.

The H10G is my personal choice for HFCs, but, then you probably knew that.

Talking Here leek, leek, leek,...

Thanks CD.

I have ultra sound too so I'm not in a hurry to invest in more leak detection. I got a good deal on this D-TEK about 2 years ago and replaced the sensor once. I cant seam to find the literature and wanted to know if it was good for the 410A storm on the horizon.

Here leak, leak, leak,...Got ya!

md

Like I said, it's not the best, but it will work.

If you're going to be doing a LOT of HFCs, save up and get an H10G. It'll stave off the migraines down the road.

Question

your endorsement is compelling. What's the big gain with the HG10?

md

Increased sensitivity, longer sensor life, hi-med-low settings, each of which are almost infinitely adjustable.

You can pinpoint a leak in a roomful of vapor with the H10G, as opposed to all the other, battery-operated ones that don't have the adjustability of the 110V H10G.

My second choise, for a battery operated machine is the H10X, "top gun", which has some of the same features of the H10G. I hear the H10PM (With shoulder-strapped battery pack)is every bit as sensitive as the G, but with a seriously higher pricetag...