Debt panel eyes TRICARE fee increases

http://militaryadvantage.military.co...fee-increases/
    quote:
    The task force report states that active duty per*son*nel and their depen*dents use less than half (42 per*cent) of TRICARE’s total cost, pay no pre*mi*ums or co-pays. Thank*fully for this group, the Task Force decided to focus “exclu*sively on retirees and their depen*dents, for whom ben*e*fits have expanded with*out a sig*nif*i*cant change in cost-sharing.”

How about we put all congressmen on TRICARE, remove any other federal perks like the pharmacy at Capital Hill, the attending nurses and doctors and they receive the same benefits our retired troops do? While we're at it we can reduce their salaries to the same level as the men and women that fight for their freedom. They can all stay in barracks around Washington D.C.
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Post Business as usual

Do as I say - not as I do is their motto

"I am glad we don't get all of the government we pay for" - Will Rogers

Did you get a load of the tea party candidate Dr. Harris who is a Congressman elect biatching about having to wait 28 days to get on his gubmint teat healthcare that WE pay an average of $18,000 a year for so he can have the best health care in the world.

Did I mention he ran on repealing Obamacare. I think the stooge should put his money were his mouth is and get off the gubmint teat and buy his own insurance on the open market. Politicians truly disgust me sometimes. I love the "I got mine so screw you attitude" they develop the minute they are elected.

All he has to do is sit down in his seat in Congress as a member and he has earned a $60,000 a year pension for life even if he quites the next day. Can you imagine the pensions of folks who have been there 30+ years.

2 million more people lost their unemployment benefits today. I hope they find a non-existent job soon. Maybe Dr. Harris will loan them some money. I bet he saves a bundle not paying for healthcare.

Here is a little taste of the fool.

Maryland physician Andy Harris (R) just soundly defeated Frank Kratovil, one of the most endangered Democrats on Capitol Hill going into the November election. And he did it in large part by railing against 'Obamacare' and pledging to repeal Health Care Reform. But when he showed on Capitol Hill today for an orientation for incoming members of Congress and their staffs, he had a different question: Where's my government health care?

According to Glenn Thrush of Politico, Harris created a stir at the orientation meeting by demanding to know why he had to wait a month after he was sworn in in January for his government-subsidized health care to kick in. After responding in a huff, he even asked if there was some way he could buy into the government care in advance, seemingly thinking there might be a government program similar to the so-called 'public option' championed by progressive Democrats in 2009.

According to an unnamed congressional staffer quoted by Thrush, Harris stood up at the meeting "and asked the two ladies who were answering questions why it had to take so long, what he would do without 28 days of health care."

During the campaign, Harris told voters, "the answer to the ever-rising cost of insurance is not the expansion of government-run or government-mandated insurance but, instead, common-sense market based solutions that ensure decisions are made by patients and their doctors."

Welcome to the new America.
    Signature on hold. Trying to find a real Jefferson quote I like. Others here have bogus Jefferson quotes too.

It seems like a fair proposal by the debt commission. I have four relatives on TriCare and it is reasonable.

I also agree that healthcare for congress can be moved to TriCare to help with costs.

Quote Originally Posted by wgrr View Post
    Did you get a load of the tea party candidate Dr. Harris who is a Congressman elect biatching about having to wait 28 days to get on his gubmint teat healthcare that WE pay an average of $18,000 a year for so he can have the best health care in the world.

Did I mention he ran on repealing Obamacare. I think the stooge should put his money were his mouth is and get off the gubmint teat and buy his own insurance on the open market. Politicians truly disgust me sometimes. I love the "I got mine so screw you attitude" they develop the minute they are elected.

All he has to do is sit down in his seat in Congress as a member and he has earned a $60,000 a year pension for life even if he quites the next day. Can you imagine the pensions of folks who have been there 30+ years.

2 million more people lost their unemployment benefits today. I hope they find a non-existent job soon. Maybe Dr. Harris will loan them some money. I bet he saves a bundle not paying for healthcare.

Maryland physician Andy Harris (R) just soundly defeated Frank Kratovil, one of the most endangered Democrats on Capitol Hill going into the November election. And he did it in large part by railing against 'Obamacare' and pledging to repeal Health Care Reform. But when he showed on Capitol Hill today for an orientation for incoming members of Congress and their staffs, he had a different question: Where's my government health care?

According to Glenn Thrush of Politico, Harris created a stir at the orientation meeting by demanding to know why he had to wait a month after he was sworn in in January for his government-subsidized health care to kick in. After responding in a huff, he even asked if there was some way he could buy into the government care in advance, seemingly thinking there might be a government program similar to the so-called 'public option' championed by progressive Democrats in 2009.

According to an unnamed congressional staffer quoted by Thrush, Harris stood up at the meeting "and asked the two ladies who were answering questions why it had to take so long, what he would do without 28 days of health care."

During the campaign, Harris told voters, "the answer to the ever-rising cost of insurance is not the expansion of government-run or government-mandated insurance but, instead, common-sense market based solutions that ensure decisions are made by patients and their doctors."

He can thank people like Ted Kennedy that he has the opportunity to buy COBRA for one month.

On a side note can you imagine what Bush 41's pension is? He has held more jobs in DC than anybody I know and he gets a pension for each one.

Quote Originally Posted by wgrr View Post

gezz, cut the guy some slack. He probably has a STD that needs immediate attention and he doesn't want to spend any of his own money
    LOVE has four letters

So does BEER, DEER,GUNS AND FISH