View Poll Results: Is WikiLeaks;

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • A responsible news organization?

    1 3.13%
  • An irresponsible news organization?

    11 34.38%
  • A neutral agency only interested in the truth?

    9 28.13%
  • A propoganda outlet for U.S. enemies?

    7 21.88%
  • A terrorist organization out to destroy the U.S.?

    4 12.50%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 53 to 65 of 67
  1. #53
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,876
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Did someone ask me earlier why I believe there is most likely a Muslim connection?
    Quote:
    Assange has maintained he is innocent, telling the Arabic-language television network Al-Jazeera the accusations were a "smear campaign."
    Sure is a Muslim connection. The Saudi's probably put a price on his head for the report that they wanted the US to take out Iran.

    Pretty sure that relations between Iran and Saudi Arabia has entered a kinder gentler phase since the release.

  2. #54
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,876
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    When one dabbles in the financial world... one sees more of this 'dis-honesty' than one realizes goes on. It is called 'market-making' officially...

    My point was and is to get folks to be less trusting and more informed... One cannot be fooled unless they are not looking...

    And I agree we have a lot of those in power in this country. IMO how they got there is something we should understand, so it will not happen again.


    Next WikiLeaks leak: Bank of America?

    The financial world is abuzz with guesses about which bank's secret documents Wikileaks has gotten hold of.

    In an interview with Forbes published this week, WikiLeaks' Julian Assange promised to release a trove of documents in early 2011 that "could take down a bank or two." He said the documents will show "flagrant violations" and "unethical practices" at the executive level.
    http://voices.washingtonpost.com/pol...ank_of_am.html

  3. #55
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Posts
    1,773
    Ok I didnt read everything but since there is so much abotu wikileaks on the news right now i decided to post.

    Censoring Wikileaks from the US citizens isnt gonna fix the problem. Keeping classified info from US citizens doesnt matter to the govt, its keeping it away from foreingers.

    When Wikileaks first made headlines a while back I got an official communication from the DOD (I am a dod employee) and it basically condemed wikileaks and advised us not to visit the site since it was under investigation and any federal (especially defense) employees found visiting the site at home or work may be brought into the investigation.
    Testing....Signature on Full Site Forum

  4. #56
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Apex, NC
    Posts
    37
    In the long run this will have little to no impact on the United States of America. Other countries deal with us for what we have to offer, be it security or trade. They certainly do not deal with us because they like us or because we keep good secrets. Governments in all countries are out for their countries own good not because they want or need friends.

  5. #57
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,923
    None of this really matters to me. I just don't trust any Australian who is that darned white! This guy is just plain creepy and needs to be dealt with. This is Michael Jackson all over again
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  6. #58
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    17,814
    All that wanted transparency voted for an idiot that said he would give it to you.
    It turns out that the idiot was a liar mouth about transparency, and so another idiot brings it to you....and yet you still complain.

    Make up your minds!
    "Politicians are the lowest form of life on Earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician"

    - General George S. Patton

  7. #59
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,923
    Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    All that wanted transparency voted for an idiot that said he would give it to you.
    It turns out that the idiot was a liar mouth about transparency, and so another idiot brings it to you....and yet you still complain.

    Make up your minds!
    Very good point. Maybe Obama is the one doing the shuffle and jive in pretending that this is not what he really meant by transparency.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  8. #60
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    17,814
    That thought crossed my mind Robo.
    "Politicians are the lowest form of life on Earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician"

    - General George S. Patton

  9. #61
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    9,564
    I view things this way- if you don't want someone to know about something keep it secure. Period. End of Story.

    Otherwise it just isn't that important. Further, if your diplomats and state workers are on record saying stupid things maybe they need to clean up the way they report information and opinions.

    If the US tries to prosecute they are idiots. I think they will posture this but a secondary plan is already in place that has nothing to do with prosecution and everything to do with retribution.

    Further, I question the charges against Assange. Personally, I think this guy put the target on himself and government(s) will take him down without making it look like they did. So, I expected some charges followed by or around some untimely accident. They guy obviously bit off more than he will be able to chew. Probably he realizes this and will dump all information he has because he has limited time left.

  10. #62
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,923
    Quote Originally Posted by sysint View Post
    I view things this way- if you don't want someone to know about something keep it secure. Period. End of Story.

    Otherwise it just isn't that important. Further, if your diplomats and state workers are on record saying stupid things maybe they need to clean up the way they report information and opinions.

    If the US tries to prosecute they are idiots. I think they will posture this but a secondary plan is already in place that has nothing to do with prosecution and everything to do with retribution.

    Further, I question the charges against Assange. Personally, I think this guy put the target on himself and government(s) will take him down without making it look like they did. So, I expected some charges followed by or around some untimely accident. They guy obviously bit off more than he will be able to chew. Probably he realizes this and will dump all information he has because he has limited time left.
    I can agree to everything except how Asange witll act. I also figure that Asange is guilty of the sex charges. This guy has a history of arrogant elitism that would justify to him doing what ever he pleases with whom ever he pleases to do what ever he wants with. I also think he is too arrogant to feel any need to dump information he has. This kind feel like they are untouchable.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  11. #63
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Posts
    14,192
    lets face a little fact, that everyone seems to be ignoring.


    Even if 'someone' were to find this guy and arrest/kill him, I'm thinking he has it set up that the information he has is going out over the internet whether he's in jail or not.

    However, he does have that as a bargaining chip. "Let me go, and I won't broadcast the dirt"

    so I'm thinking Asange has the upper hand at this point. Besides, Have you seen his lawyer? She is not to hard on the eyes
    BEING AN ADULT

    is the dumbest thing I have ever done

  12. #64
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    forney texas
    Posts
    17,890
    I believe that in todays world, there just are not enough news worthy events to report. That being said, any subject that comes up is usually beaten to death in the media.

    Who cares what we say about Muslims, Canada, Europe, China or Iran. Or what they say about us.

    The man supposedly got the info he is leaking by hacking into government computers. That makes him criminal if nothing else.

  13. #65
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Posts
    14,192
    Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    I believe that in todays world, there just are not enough news worthy events to report. That being said, any subject that comes up is usually beaten to death in the media.

    Who cares what we say about Muslims, Canada, Europe, China or Iran. Or what they say about us.

    The man supposedly got the info he is leaking by hacking into government computers. That makes him criminal if nothing else.
    I don't think he hacked any computers, i think someone in the Intelligence community fed him the information.

    if this guy is looking for notoriety, he has it. it will probably lead to his demise. But he has his fame
    BEING AN ADULT

    is the dumbest thing I have ever done

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event