What do you think is behind WikiLeaks? - Page 4

View Poll Results: Is WikiLeaks;

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • A responsible news organization?

1 3.13%
  • An irresponsible news organization?

11 34.38%
  • A neutral agency only interested in the truth?

9 28.13%
  • A propoganda outlet for U.S. enemies?

7 21.88%
  • A terrorist organization out to destroy the U.S.?

4 12.50%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    What I have been reading is basically the gov can just 'block' any site they choose... with the usual spin for an excuse.

Imagine a liberal congress or president trying to isolate Drudge... Or a ultra conservative trying to block out WikiLeaks...

Too much power available to a politician is IMO not a good thing... the temptation to do something with the power is just too great.

THX again for the link.
    Especially when we now have the creation called DHC or that Joint Terrorism Taskforce spoken of earlier.

Can you spell GESTAPO

I'm not sure about the intent of Wikileaks or Asange since were are a military family and we still have my youngest in harms way. But if our video news services and print news would do their job, Wikileaks would have a hard time to exist.

The fact is that out goverment activly controls what news we should hear and what they dont want us to hear. When one considers that three people own all the news, and you look at their affiliations, one then has no other choice if one wants to be informed, to look at other sources.

If we had had an informed public, starting with telling the truth about the coup d'état by assasinating a president of our country that changed all, we would not be in the mess we are today. The fact that I see these lame arguments and dsicussions in here about the differences of our political affiliations, as though they realy mattered, shows how uninformed the so called better educated persons are today, and how good of a job our paid news propaganda service is doing on us.

Unless you have read "1984" or Smedly's book "War is a Racket" and understand the implications, you dont understand anything today, your just reacting like the dog that drooled everytime he heard the bell.

Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

It sounds to me like those of liberal bent who have been behind Obama all along are now thinking the same about Obama that they did about President W Bush. That is good. That let's me know that these folks are truly liberal thinking and not hypocrites.

I may not agree with liberal thinking, but when it is sincere, I must have respect for it.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

IM-maybe not so Humble-O... I think the message we can learn from WL (wikileaks) is that to blindly trust ANY politician is not wise.

Seems every time we elect someone 'new' we give them this 'blind trust'... and by the mid-term election (2 years later) we know they are just another polcat using us for their career.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results...

My suggestion is to call on the media to ask HARD questions... and hold the polcats accountable for the answers they give during the campaigns... Example:

During the debates we have each fall before a POTUS election... ask questions (just example questions):
    1) What will you do to improve the economy, how will you do it, what % results do you expect to accomplish by what date?
    2) What is your goal for the image of the USA in the world?
    3) Please submit your detailed explanatin of where every US$ for your campaign came from?
    4) Please submit the names of every person you have consulted with to form and run your campaign, including all advisors both corporate and non-corporate.

Now the questions are not the issue... rather having the answers on record. Then every few mos the news guys need to re-ask the EXACT questions, show the polcat what he said during the campaign, and ask him/her "why are you not doing as you promised the voters'... then just point the camera at the high minded theif and see what he says.

Note I am not giving any bias to libs or conservs... to the left or right... IMO every one needs to be held accountable all the way down to where they buy a hamburger and do they own stock in that burger co.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

I think you'll find that the U.S. government will be trying to have Asange extradited to America.

It is against federal law (U.S. law) to disseminate Government information. especially classified 411

The owner (Asange) has gone into hiding. Go figure.
    BEING AN ADULT

is the dumbest thing I have ever done

I am not sure what is going on... however:

Whenever there is a 'problem' of large to great proportions... Gold (price of gold) spikes... Well it did so again today.

I wonder if this WikiLeaks thing was staged to cover something else... Funny how that happens...

IMO watch the quieter forms of media (internet sites that report things the media never bothers with)... lets see if something happened somewhere we did not hear about...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    I think you'll find that the U.S. government will be trying to have Asange extradited to America.

I think our government let the Swedish government do the job.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/europe...ss_igoogle_cnn

Quote Originally Posted by sigma View Post

outstanding. we can extradite him from there
    BEING AN ADULT

is the dumbest thing I have ever done

Quote Originally Posted by sigma View Post

Did someone ask me earlier why I believe there is most likely a Muslim connection?
    Assange has maintained he is innocent, telling the Arabic-language television network Al-Jazeera the accusations were a "smear campaign."

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Did someone ask me earlier why I believe there is most likely a Muslim connection?
    I guess if the China Dayle News interviews him, he could be a commie to boot.

Geez Robo, your grasping...

Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

Quote Originally Posted by royc View Post
    I guess if the China Dayle News interviews him, he could be a commie to boot.

Geez Robo, your grasping...

Roy
    This entire thread is about speculation. But yes, if the Chinese Daily News interviews him, I will consider he could be being supported by the Communists as well. After all, between the Chinese and Muslims, they both have a disdain for the U.S. in common.

Just for thought:

Lets say three BIG guys break into my home through the front door and start hauling out my TV and home theatre steuff... And I catch them with my trusty shotgun and hold them for the police. I would feel pretty good, I would think I was pretty smart... I protected my home and possessions, and justice was done to the 'thugs'.

What I missed along the way was the small, stealthy guy that slipped in the back door, got ALL my gold, diamonds, wife's jewelry, CC's and cash.

I am convinced this 'leak' (WL) was planned to divert attention away from something else.

Reminds me of back in 1982 when Ronald Reagan said he would 'abolish the corporate income tax'... we all knew that would not happen. Yet all the media could do was talk about it for a week. Meanwhile Reagan had the freedom of the media NOT watching him... some much needed foreign policy legislation was quietly sent through congress.

Back to Dec 2101: I wonder if folks are sooo concerned with 'fixing' the supposed WL issue (as in 'get that dude'); they missed the chance to hassle their congresscritters to repeal the new 1099 rules???

We need to remember the government is not above deceitful manipulation of the citizens. If one carefully watches the games polcats (politicians) play, it does not take much time to figure out they are the best liars we will ever see. I used to post 'NEVER TRUST A POLITICIAN' I think I need to start that line again, with an addition: NO EXCEPTIONS.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

I agree that what you say occurs ga, but I don't that is the case here.

This guy is just another elitist slime ball who feels he has the right to dictate how everyone else should behave while he himself behaves like a despot. We have a slightly darker version of this guy in a powerful position in our own country.

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    I agree that what you say occurs ga, but I don't that is the case here.

This guy is just another elitist slime ball who feels he has the right to dictate how everyone else should behave while he himself behaves like a despot. We have a slightly darker version of this guy in a powerful position in our own country.
    When one dabbles in the financial world... one sees more of this 'dis-honesty' than one realizes goes on. It is called 'market-making' officially...

My point was and is to get folks to be less trusting and more informed... One cannot be fooled unless they are not looking...

And I agree we have a lot of those in power in this country. IMO how they got there is something we should understand, so it will not happen again.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast