View Poll Results: Is WikiLeaks;

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • A responsible news organization?

1 3.13%
  • An irresponsible news organization?

11 34.38%
  • A neutral agency only interested in the truth?

9 28.13%
  • A propoganda outlet for U.S. enemies?

7 21.88%
  • A terrorist organization out to destroy the U.S.?

4 12.50%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by davegreenlee View Post
    Well, I,m Canadian, and it kind of makes me mad to find out Obama had people getting information about Canadian Diplomats and Government officials.
    O.K. I understand you Americans not being able to sleep at night because Canada is such a volitile and angry Country, I personally apologise for putting your Nation in fear of the 3 Boats the Canadian Navy has and for the threat of us cross country skiing to the border(which for some strange reason increases the temperature by 40 f when you cross it) and taking over The United States.
    But Don,t Worry, I,ll personally talk to the rest of Canada and just get them to chill.
    I like your avatar. Very representative of our impression of the Canadian in general.

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

War of 1812

Quote Originally Posted by mrs reb77 View Post
    I like your avatar. Very representative of our impression of the Canadian in general.

To all of my U.S. friends and relatives, plus all of my Canadian friends and relatives, no one won the war of 1812 (just thought I'd throw that in ). Lots of friends and relatives died on both sides, but many are still alive (descendants) and none of us (in my families) are whining about how tough life is in our great countries. I just get really PO'd about people who want to drag out these differences, when we all live in both of the most democratic and peaceful places in the world!

OK... that's my 2 bits worth!...

As far as I'm concerned, the war of 1812 is history....ancient history!!
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by davegreenlee View Post
    Well, I,m Canadian, and it kind of makes me mad to find out Obama had people getting information about Canadian Diplomats and Government officials. O.K. I understand you Americans not being able to sleep at night because Canada is such a volitile and angry Country, I personally apologise for putting your Nation in fear of the 3 Boats the Canadian Navy has and for the threat of us cross country skiing to the border(which for some strange reason increases the temperature by 40 f when you cross it) and taking over The United States.
    But Don,t Worry, I,ll personally talk to the rest of Canada and just get them to chill.
    Well, he is just retaliating for all those "Canadian Clippers" that are sent down here to freeze our butts off. BTW; I thought Canadians were already "chilled".

Yeah it ain't nothing like the memories of the Civil War. Thank you very much.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    This topic is actually related to the thread on COICA, or Internet Censorship.

"Under COICA, the government could force Internet service providers to block access to sites like YouTube, Wikileaks, and others that the government claims are spurring the spread of copyrighted materials"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-..._b_782422.html
    Did not see that thread, could you post a link? THX!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Did not see that thread, could you post a link? THX!

Here you go.

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=691361

Well, as a person who has served in the military and who has dual citizenship (plus hopes that we learn from history), I think we should all excercise some tolerance, especially when we run into people who don't understand the geography and geopolitics of our new modern world.

Unfortunately, in this modern world, the West (mainly the USA) has become the policeman of the world, and I am personally not in favour of that because as far as I'm concerned we really should just let them all have at it!

Look at all of our Canadian/American kids who have lost their lives supporting corrupt regimes in these western hating countries for the last 10 years. We won WWII in 6 years, and we can't get Osama and his minions out in 10? What the H*ll is going on here? Either we are fighting to win or we're not! End of Story!

Sorry all, I'm just a little PO'd tonight...

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Yeah it ain't nothing like the memories of the Civil War. Thank you very much.
    Just watched Gone With the Wind this weekend...chivalry is indeed dead...

THX PJ... I have been reading on this subject from other sources... it appears we may have a constitutional issue here.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    THX PJ... I have been reading on this subject from other sources... it appears we may have a constitutional issue here.
    YW no prob. Yeah I think so. I think the aim is to try and protect copyright laws, intellectual property and national security but at the risk of losing free speech and limiting access to websites.

YW no prob. Yeah I think so. I think the aim is to try and protect copyright laws, intellectual property and national security but at the risk of losing free speech and limiting access to websites.
    What I have been reading is basically the gov can just 'block' any site they choose... with the usual spin for an excuse.

Imagine a liberal congress or president trying to isolate Drudge... Or a ultra conservative trying to block out WikiLeaks...

Too much power available to a politician is IMO not a good thing... the temptation to do something with the power is just too great.

THX again for the link.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Ive been reading quite a few articles, blogs, and the site itself on this topic. These comments sums up my feeling on this issue.

WikiLeaks just shows:

Private Sector: Whistleblower = Hero
    Public Sector: Whistleblower = Terrorist

Thanks to wikileaks, the Fed’s finally know what it’s like to have your personal correspondance reviewed and your privacy violated.

Sure f-ing sucks, doesn’t it…

Thank God for wikileaks! I wonder how long before the CIA murders Julian Assange? If the worthless toadies at the New York Times, ABC News, CNN, etc. did what they were supposed to there wouldn’t be a need for wikileaks. Wikileaks just shows how great of a threat the US government regards freedom of the press.

One of the best things about this leak is that maybe our worthless lapdog allies will be shamed into standing up for themselves and to stop trusting the US government. When the people of Europe see how their own government’s act like a subservient colony of Washington then maybe they will demand some changes. One of the best things that could happen would be for Europe to tell Washington to go f@&k itself.
    We shall never prevent the abuse of power if we are not
    prepared to limit power in a way which occasionally may
    prevent its use for desirable purposes.

F.A. Hayek

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast