+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How does your W2 look?

Post Likes

Hmm

I just received my w2 for 2004 and I made right under 39k as a service/sales tech for residential and light comm. I been in the trade about 4.5 yrs. I am epa certified (universal) and a Nate ace tech, and work in the Houston area. To me it seems kind of low so now I am curious to know what other techs make.

Post Likes
    I don't know how it was in Houston this year, but here in the DFW area, we had the mildest summer ever. I had one week where I worked something like 54 hours, but most of the rest of the summer I was barely getting over 40 hours a week. I'm guaranteed a minimum of 30 hours pay a week, so the slow season doesn't hurt me much.

39k doesn't sound to bad at all. My W2 has $41,699 on it that Uncle Sam knows about, and I have 12 years of residential and light commercial experience, 9 of it service.

Post Likes
    Move to my area and you'd likely be among the highest paid around.

Post Likes
    of the guys that work for me, the lowest was in the mid 80's

Post Likes
    Originally posted by flange
    Doing what?
    Live each day like it is your last, for one day you will be right!

Post Likes
    Originally posted by hvac r us 2
    Originally posted by flange
    Doing what?
    And where, and how many hours a day?

Depending on where it is, that may not be a lot of money once you adjust for living expenses. I also like having lots of free time.

Post Likes
    After taxes, and the wife I made $8.42

Post Likes
    Mattm; Could you lend me 8.41 for a starbucks coffee ??
    "Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Post Likes

Hmm

I made 80M in 2004, the most I ever made. But it took almost 500 hours OT to do that. I missed a lot of time with my boy's and my father. The wife liked the money, and the dog's barked at me when I came home! The 2004 revised tax rate schedule says I am in the 25% bracket now. I will post the bad news later. Hey Mark, the work was fairly easy but no spare time this past year. I was saying to my self, "Make the money while you can." Roy

Post Likes
    Originally posted by oroy54
    I made 80M in 2004,
    Dang Roy, 80 million bucks in one year. Are you guys hiring?

And VMC, NO you can't have money for Starbucks. Buy Kroger brand like I do.

Post Likes

Talking mattm

You know what I mean. I think your just messing with me again. Let's have fun! I still think you are full of crap!

Post Likes
    OROY54; Mattm didn't know you ment before tax, it ends up around 54 mil. after right.

Mattm; Fine i'll just keep drinking dunkin donuts coffee 1.65 a cup medium, I was hoping to try starbucks you cheap bastard. Sorry I didn't mean that I just haven't had a coffee in a while sorry again.
    "Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Post Likes
    commercial and industrial hvac, controls etc. average pay is around 75k, but the boys are real good and do work some ot.

Post Likes
    union boys...flange??????????
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

Post Likes

Talking Ok OK!

Hey mattm, I don't live in Rome! I stand corrected. 80K, Happy now? I'm not.....I'm pooped! I don't want to work that many hours this year.

[Edited by oroy54 on 01-21-2005 at 06:33 PM]

Post Likes
    yes

Post Likes
    That's a mighty fine chunk of change there Roy but I don't think I could handle 500 hrs ot. My wife and kids would skin me. I probably logged 20-30 hrs ot this year and grossed right at 43.5 and thought I did pretty good.

Post Likes

Talking mattm

My goal is to be out of that plant in 5 more years. Age 55. At that point I won't make much money, but I won't owe much money. Then the little wife and I might just buy a school bus, fix it up and go travel.Yeah! If we run low on money, I'll find a job at Wally's filling station and the wife can find a job at the diner. And we will live happily after.

Post Likes
    dont make much in sc. maybe about 32000 dont know

Post Likes
    Never mind my W2, I just opened up my "year end" pay stub. Since the summer was so mild, I barely broke 1900 hours for the year.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in