+ Reply to Thread

Thread: short handed again!

Post Likes
    Well it happened again somone gave his two weeks today. This is my delema I want to leave too and have wanted to for some time now. I just dont like the idea of leaving when they need me the most. Of corse I can make up my own mind but would like some input or related storys.
    Free cooling and heating all at the wrong time of year.

Post Likes
    Sounds like you work for a bad company I would move on.What is making all of you leave or bailing out?

Post Likes
    Probably is best to know why everone else is quiting, what your experiance is, what your options are. You dont want to burn your bridges but what all are they providing you? If you dont like it and your not getting much by staying thats one thing but if its a lot of training and things that will help you somewhere else that may be another. Just depends on your situation and not knowing it , its hard to say.

Post Likes
    I cant take it any more since Ive been here ive have fixed more problem calls or new calls a like and have never asked for any thing because thats my job to fix stuff. They had a ownership change and some of the office guys got a big head and forgot who really butters the bread. Ive been buttering the bread for a long time and make it look easy. I dont like to talk much but I will say they are lost with out me. The bs from the service manger is left on dead eairs with me because he is part of the problem and I only hope they will turn around but I think they will only do this if I leave.

Post Likes
    Go in & ask for a application & apply for his job turn the application in & give your two week notice.If they ask why just say read my application & leave it their.

Post Likes
    Flow check you are free to go anywhere you want when you want how you want.
    Ask your self these questions:

1 Would the co lay you off at the drop of the hat if they were slow?
    2 do you think they would give a hoot for your well being if you got hurt on or off the job (other than figuring out whom would drive your truck.
    3 If they had one too many employees would you be on the mgrs list for a layoff?

I hate to break it to you but your loyalty may be miss guided
    Don't fall into the illusion that your indispensible, these office types are un able to for the most part to distinguish between the techs exept for your hair colour. They cannot see much difference at least not to them.

Always take care of your self first as you are the only one becides your family that gives a hoot about you and your familys welfare.
    Quote from george Carlin
    George Carlin's Views on Aging

Do you realize that the only time in our lives when we like to get old is when we're kids? If you're less than 10 years old, you're so excited about aging that you think in fractions.

"How old are you?" "I'm four and a half!" You're never thirty-six and a half. You're four and a half, going on five!

That's the key.

You get into your teens, now they can't hold you back. You jump to the next number, or even a few ahead.

"How old are you?" "I'm gonna be 16!" You could be 13, but hey, you're gonna be 16! And then the greatest day of your life . . . you become 21. Even the words sound like a ceremony . . YOU BECOME 21. YESSSS!!!

But then you turn 30. Oooohh, what happened there? Makes you sound like bad milk! . He TURNED; we had to throw him out. There's no fun now, you're Just a sour-dumpling. What's wrong? What's changed?

You BECOME 21, you TURN 30, then you're PUSHING 40.

Whoa! Put on the brakes, it's all slipping away. Before you know it, you REACH 50 and your dreams are gone.

But wait!!! You MAKE it to 60. You didn't think you would!

So you BECOME 2 1, TURN 30, PUSH 40, REACH 50 and MAKE it to 60.

You've built up so much speed that you HIT 70! After that it's a day-by-day thing; you HIT Wednesday!

You get into your 80s and every day is a complete cycle; you HIT lunch; you TURN 4:30; you REACH bedtime.

And it doesn't end there. Into the 90s, you start going backwards; "I Was JUST 92."

Then a strange thing happens. If you make it over 100, you become a little kid again. "I'm 100 and a half!"

May you all make it to a healthy 100 and a half!!

HOW TO STAY YOUNG

1. Throw out nonessential numbers. This includes age, weight and height. Let the
    doctors worry about them. That is why you pay " them " .

2. Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down.

3. Keep learning. Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever. Never let the brain idle. " An idle mind is the devil's workshop."

4. Enjoy the simple things.

5. Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath.

6. The tears happen. Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person who is with us our entire life, is ourselves. Be ALIVE while you are alive.

7. Surround yourself with what you love, Whether it's family , pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge.

8. Cherish your health: If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.

9. Don't take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall, even to the next county; to a foreign country but NOT to where the guilt is.

10. Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity.

AND ALWAYS REMEMBER:
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

And if you don't send this to at least 8 people - who cares?
    But do share this with someone. We all need to live life to its fullest each day

www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

Post Likes
    It sounds like others have figured out that they do not want to work there.

take two sheets of paper on
    1.one write why you should stay.
    2.On the other write why you should leave.
    3. Go back to each paper and cross out every entry that is putting you company's Interest infront of your families.
    4. Cross out every entry that puts your company before you.
    5. Cross out every usless entry.

6. now compare the two and make you desion.

Been there twice and when it came time to close the doors there was no consideration of the problems it would cause me.

I work for a service company contracting to maintain 4 buildings. Our contract is being closed Feb 28. Ifd I am offered a job it will be at same pay with out approx $10.00/hr. they are not even going to say sorry, but will you take it or not.
    Len
    Old snipes don't die they just loose their steam

Post Likes
    Originally posted by flowcheck
    They had a ownership change and some of the office guys got a big head and forgot who really butters the bread. Ive been buttering the bread for a long time
    I like butter bread
    Yum.....

Post Likes
    WooWoo; fresh bread heated and then buttered, you know what i'm talking about don't you?

Flowcheck; It sounds bad so you should take a step back and then look at whats happening, sometimes it's not what it appears to be. If you're still unhappy or unsure make a list of the things that bother you and a list of suggestions and talk to the boss/owner. Don't tell them whats wrong with the other guys, deal with your problems first. Ask for a description of your responsibility and an overview of company policy. Have a plan in place to move forward if need be, and be prepared to follow threw. In a none confrontational way let them know this is a real option for you.

GOOD LUCK
    "Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Post Likes
    thats one thing that bugs me about larger companies. Too much chain of command crap. I don't care how big my company gets, the floor sweeper can come to me and let me know whats wrong and how he feels. I will listen & do what I feel is good for the employee and company. If someone has a problem with the way he is being treated, I feel its my duty to solve the problem, not some manager. Besides, its my company. I am not big on micro-managing, but when it comes to employee morale and performance, i will step in.

[Edited by JasonHoustonTX on 01-25-2005 at 02:16 PM]

Post Likes
    Well as much as I feel I need to do some thing new I cant leave them. The owner has adressed the problem and since then its been better. Time will tell but I have faith in the new owner.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by flowcheck
    Well as much as I feel I need to do some thing new I cant leave them. The owner has adressed the problem and since then its been better. Time will tell but I have faith in the new owner.

I think the statement "I cant leave them." is hard for us to understand. Why can't you leave?
    Len
    Old snipes don't die they just loose their steam

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in