Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Important reminder

It is not required for any member to be in the HVAC/R business to post in any non-pro section on this site.

Having said...anyone who does qualify for pro status would get more respect from our members if they would apply for pro membership or at least reveal some qualifications. We tend to cut each other some slack when we know who the other members are.

But they still have posting privileges on this site and we all abide by the same rules.

Quote Originally Posted by k_fridge View Post
    It is not required for any member to be in the HVAC/R business to post in any non-pro section on this site.

Having said...anyone who does qualify for pro status would get more respect from our members if they would apply for pro membership or at least reveal some qualifications. We tend to cut each other some slack when we know who the other members are.

But they still have posting privileges on this site and we all abide by the same rules.
    a

Thank you for that message. I myself will try to be more professional

It would be helpful if we knew what area of the country the OP was from.
    Their questions are confusing (SOMETIMES) when we do NOT know if they are from the south, the north, canada or where.

I would like to propose that when someone registers to post, that they at least reveal what state/country they are from.

my 2 cents

Chris
    Those who dance, appear insane to those who do not hear the music.
    Those who believe, appear ignorant to those who do not know God.

Quote Originally Posted by cehs View Post
    It would be helpful if we knew what area of the country the OP was from.
    Their questions are confusing (SOMETIMES) when we do NOT know if they are from the south, the north, canada or where.

I would like to propose that when someone registers to post, that they at least reveal what state/country they are from.

my 2 cents

Chris
    Amen to that and also the country in which they were born. Thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Im all for insulting, slandering, and humiliating comments towards those I feel deserve it and do not post any back ground. Thats the way we roll here in the D!
    "Politicians are the lowest form of life on Earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician"

- General George S. Patton

have i been insulted

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Amen to that and also the country in which they were born. Thank you very much
    And where their mother and father were born. Maybe even grandparents if not the same as the parents.

I really don't get the hangup about where everyone is from...

Do weirdos only come from one area, and the rest of us are the cool ones..
    Life goes on long after the thrill of living is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    And where their mother and father were born. Maybe even grandparents if not the same as the parents.
    Not all that necessary printer. All this moving around from one country to the next is only one generation old other than to the US.

Every Western country has now got into the bleeding heart liberal program of granting asylum for every scum bag on the planet with aids, terrorist background and from every criminal upbringing imaginable. Maybe in twenty years or so it will be necessary. Thank you, thank you very much.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by k_fridge View Post

I have no problem with someone posting that is not in the industry. If they show some commitment to our forum and post intelligent comments I think they are just adding to what we are doing here, sharing ideas. Mind you I do give people with a technical background more respect because, well I respect people with a technical background. They are problem solvers and thinkers.

There has been some though that have left their critical thinking elsewhere and have posted a bunch of nonsense. Hey, everybody needs an outlet. I just sort of ignored them and life went on.

We are free to reveal as little or as much as we want to here or on the internet for that matter. People have their own personal reasons in deciding how much they want to reveal. One thing I learned growing up where I did, if people do not volunteer information they probably have a good reason for it.

Talking I will consider

Posting some personal info. MAYBE POSSIBLY

The only personal information that I post on the Internet would be what I would not mind seeing on a large billboard along the Interstate!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast