Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Strange story

Strange story

My sister inlaw recently flew down to Georgia to pick up a van. While going through security at the airport, they swabbed her hands....she asked, why are you doing this?
    They said that they were checking for gun residue.

WTF is that all about? The scary part is that she is an avid shooter and belongs to the same club I do.
    So Im wondering what would have happened if they found residue on her hands?
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

They probably would have detained her for a little while. Now a day`s it is
    watch out for the would be terrorist. It is pretty sad indeed.

TSA to swab airline passengers' hands in search for explosives

http://articles.cnn.com/2010-02-17/t...s?_s=PM:TRAVEL

"We would not want to see it implemented in a discriminatory fashion, for example, in a disproportionate way against Muslims and Arabs or, for example, people with red hair or anything else. Security experts from across the spectrum will tell you that that's not just unfair and unjust and not the American way, it's also a terrible way to do security," Stanley said.
    http://articles.cnn.com/2010-02-17/t...s?_s=PM:TRAVEL

Start singling out Muslims and Arabs and they might not want to come to the country.

I can see swabbing some towel heads hands, but why a 100 lb. pale Irish girl in her late 40s?
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    I can see swabbing some towel heads hands, but why a 100 lb. pale Irish girl in her late 40s?
    They said that in Vietnam as small kids roamed offices and groups of GI's and then pulled the pin on a gernade that was hidden in their clothes.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Ted Bundy and Jeffrey Dahmer looked like regular guys. Bad guys don't always look like the BOOGIE MAN.
    Challenge yourself, take the CM test --- Certificate Member since 2004 ---Join RSES ---the HVAC/R training authority ---www.rses.org

When I do work at the Navy Base we have to grab a thing that looks like a big lint roller. It tests for explosive residue.

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    So as to keep social engineers happy that they are not racially profiling. Next time tell her to wear a Burka!
    "Who am I? I'm the unsilent majority big mouth!" - (Paulie in Rocky 4)

i went to Washington DC last year and they swabbed my shoes.

they said they were checking for chemicals.

they're probably collecting everyone's DNA

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post
    They said that in Vietnam as small kids roamed offices and groups of GI's and then pulled the pin on a gernade that was hidden in their clothes.
    That was mostly stories and not fact. Sure when you captured a VC or an NVA he might try to grab a grenade and kill everyone because he figured his life was over anyhow but they were not big on suicides for the most part except for a few drugged up protesting monks early in the war who burned themselves up.

Muslims have that market cornered along with 99% of all terrorist acts. The TSA is wasting tax dollars money every time they swab a someone like coolwhip's sister and allow any obvious Muslim or Muslim looking person go by without giving them the 3rd degree. Thank you, thank you very much.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

what is a muslim looking person? India is full of Muslims and Hindu's, they all look alike. Malaysia is predominately Muslim , yet has Buddists among others. Yugoslavia has a large Muslim population along with Catholics. See why they look at everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    what is a muslim looking person? India is full of Muslims and Hindu's, they all look alike. Malaysia is predominately Muslim , yet has Buddists among others. Yugoslavia has a large Muslim population along with Catholics. See why they look at everyone.
    Thats why Israel racial profiles right?
    -- Confucius

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast