Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 66 to 78 of 94
  1. #66
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,223
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Again, I don't understand what you mean in this post. I have not made a joke. I did that before and unintentionally hurt your feelings to the point that you complained about me. I am sincerely sorry I did that, even if it was not intended to hurt you, and I will not joke with you like that again because I don't like hurting people.

    Why are you now being condenscending to me by calling me a poor little thing?
    Just read back through your posts and if you are honest with yourself it will be crystal clear.

    RoBo you get off on hurting people imo. And again it wasn't that you hurt my feelings it was what you said.

    You are very adept at this little game you play but I don't mind.

  2. #67
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,944
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    LOL. Oh do tell us about the middle.

    It wasn't concern, it was just another chance to throw a dig at someone.
    I believe the intention was purely out of concern for me. I don't believe it had anything to do with you at all. You see, I can see good in things. The more leftist or far to the right people are, the more negative they become. That is why you saw something negative in that post where there was only positive.

    We only want you to be at peace through Truth.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  3. #68
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,223
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    I believe the intention was purely out of concern for me. I don't believe it had anything to do with you at all. You see, I can see good in things. The more leftist or far to the right people are, the more negative they become. That is why you saw something negative in that post where there was only positive.

    We only want you to be at peace through Truth.
    I believe the intention was purely out of concern for me. I don't believe it had anything to do with you at all. You see, I can see good in things. The more leftist or far to the right people are, the more negative they become. That is why you saw something negative in that post where there was only positive.

    Hogwash, if there was concern for you at all it was at the least a dual message. If it was only concern she would have IM'd you imo. It was a typical post for her.

    We only want you to be at peace through Truth

    Same here. And even if it doesn't bring you peace I will still type it for you.

    You are such a phony.

  4. #69
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,944
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    Your quote does come from 1867. He became more and more liberal as he grew older and wiser.

    Al Franken supported the wars and staying in Iraq when most liberals wanted to pull out. He was basically as hawkish as Hilary.
    Now see pagey, here is where you are a deceiver. You make it sound like Franken is some sort of conservative hawk, when in reality this is just another act of deceit from you; [quote]Franken had initially supported the Iraq War but opposed the 2007 troop surge.[/qoute]Like, who didn't support the Iraq war initially? That is from Wikipedia. And here we have it direct from the horses mouth about how Franken really feels about the war in Iraq; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGdHm8pWLtg

    So you see pagey, you have once again attempted to deceive us by making a statement that you did not give any support for and that was not difficult to find was an untrue statement.

    Just like you are now making up excuses for why Mark Twain made conservative statements. You are again attempting to deceive us with manipulation of facts. Since I have you to the point where you can no longer deny the facts, you are now attempting to manipulate the facts to suit what you want to believe.

    Do you now understand yet why you are a deceiver?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  5. #70
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,944
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    Those opinions that I have quoted and many others that I did not cite are liberal by todays standards let alone a 100+ years ago. And they are more than just a few incidental issues they go to the essence of liberal thought.

    I can see how some views on government could be grasped onto by conservatives. Similarly conservatives will often quote Jefferson and his thoughts on "small" government. The problem there is when Jefferson got the chance he expanded govt. greatly.

    And if you are referring to the Ludwig Mises Institute all I can say is let's be real.

    Bottom line here you just can't get over the fact that Twain and many more like him were liberals. There were liberals before the term was even coined. Conservatives are so devoid of decent thoughts and ideas they have to co-opt liberals and take their quotes out of context etc.
    Once again, when you cannot dispute the facts, you attack the source. Even though there is no argument against the sources I have cited, you are attempting to deceive us into believing that sources that don't agree with what you want to believe are somehow not viable sources.

    Jefferson is another one that leftists love to lie about and manipulate the truth about. I just love the one leftists use that Jefferson was so supportive of Islam that he had his own copy of the Qur'an. While it is true that Jefferson did own a copy of the Qur'an, it was so he could better understand the Muslim pirates that he was going to be the first to buck up against by refusing to pay extortion to for being allowed to have shipping rights.

    Leftists like yourself deceive others into believing that Jefferson supported Islam when in fact Jefferson was the first to attack Muslim's who had been terrorizing the open seas for decades.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  6. #71
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,223
    [QUOTE=RoBoTeq;8517891]Now see pagey, here is where you are a deceiver. You make it sound like Franken is some sort of conservative hawk, when in reality this is just another act of deceit from you;
    Franken had initially supported the Iraq War but opposed the 2007 troop surge.[/qoute]Like, who didn't support the Iraq war initially? That is from Wikipedia. And here we have it direct from the horses mouth about how Franken really feels about the war in Iraq; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGdHm8pWLtg

    So you see pagey, you have once again attempted to deceive us by making a statement that you did not give any support for and that was not difficult to find was an untrue statement.

    Just like you are now making up excuses for why Mark Twain made conservative statements. You are again attempting to deceive us with manipulation of facts. Since I have you to the point where you can no longer deny the facts, you are now attempting to manipulate the facts to suit what you want to believe.

    Do you now understand yet why you are a deceiver?
    LOL you deceitful CONSERVATIVE. I listened to Al Franken almost every day on Air America and he was for staying in when virtually every liberal wanted out.

    As for Twain's statement you quoted I just added some more enlightening facts about it. Facts have not been manipulated but merely stated.

    And the biggest fact of them all Mark Twain had so many liberal beliefs even by todays standards you should just come to terms with it.

    Why is it that conservatives are so bereft of ideas they have to constantly have to borrow and steal from liberals.

  7. #72
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,223
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Once again, when you cannot dispute the facts, you attack the source. Even though there is no argument against the sources I have cited, you are attempting to deceive us into believing that sources that don't agree with what you want to believe are somehow not viable sources.

    Jefferson is another one that leftists love to lie about and manipulate the truth about. I just love the one leftists use that Jefferson was so supportive of Islam that he had his own copy of the Qur'an. While it is true that Jefferson did own a copy of the Qur'an, it was so he could better understand the Muslim pirates that he was going to be the first to buck up against by refusing to pay extortion to for being allowed to have shipping rights.

    Leftists like yourself deceive others into believing that Jefferson supported Islam when in fact Jefferson was the first to attack Muslim's who had been terrorizing the open seas for decades.

    I gave explainations earlier why the Ludwig Mises Institute is not a good source. And you knew that so you are being knowingly deceptive.

  8. #73
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,944
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    Just read back through your posts and if you are honest with yourself it will be crystal clear.

    RoBo you get off on hurting people imo. And again it wasn't that you hurt my feelings it was what you said.

    You are very adept at this little game you play but I don't mind.
    Wow! Another unprovoked attack on my character. Good thing I put on my thick skin tonight.

    What exactly do you mean that it was what I said? What I said, I also admitted to completely fabricating. So, if you were upset over what I said, knowing that I had made it up in order to show you how it felt to be accused of something that was not true, how can you now say it was what I said without admitting it hurt your feelings? Come on page, let it out, do you need a shoulder to cry on or something? Really; are you going to stick to you reported a post over what I said when I made it clear I was making it up in that same post? Now you have me really feeling sorry for you, you big lug.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  9. #74
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,944
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    I believe the intention was purely out of concern for me. I don't believe it had anything to do with you at all. You see, I can see good in things. The more leftist or far to the right people are, the more negative they become. That is why you saw something negative in that post where there was only positive.

    Hogwash, if there was concern for you at all it was at the least a dual message. If it was only concern she would have IM'd you imo. It was a typical post for her.

    We only want you to be at peace through Truth

    Same here. And even if it doesn't bring you peace I will still type it for you.

    You are such a phony.
    And yet another attack and another name calling.

    Her post was directly addressed to me. Not everything is about you. Now, why do you say I am a phony? What in the world prompted you to call me a phony, once again attacking my character? I need to know what I did so I can change my ways, but if you only call me names and attack me with no explanation as to what I did to deserve such attacks, how can I fix things about myself?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  10. #75
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,223
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Wow! Another unprovoked attack on my character. Good thing I put on my thick skin tonight.

    What exactly do you mean that it was what I said? What I said, I also admitted to completely fabricating. So, if you were upset over what I said, knowing that I had made it up in order to show you how it felt to be accused of something that was not true, how can you now say it was what I said without admitting it hurt your feelings? Come on page, let it out, do you need a shoulder to cry on or something? Really; are you going to stick to you reported a post over what I said when I made it clear I was making it up in that same post? Now you have me really feeling sorry for you, you big lug.
    It was what you said RoBo. You did not and could not hurt my feelings. Keep on making things up RoBo.

  11. #76
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,223
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    And yet another attack and another name calling.

    Her post was directly addressed to me. Not everything is about you. Now, why do you say I am a phony? What in the world prompted you to call me a phony, once again attacking my character? I need to know what I did so I can change my ways, but if you only call me names and attack me with no explanation as to what I did to deserve such attacks, how can I fix things about myself?
    It is too late and it really doesn't matter. Not the time of day but in your life.

    Poor little thing getting attacked again. What will wittle WoBo do?

  12. #77
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,944
    [quote=pageyjim;8517951]
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Now see pagey, here is where you are a deceiver. You make it sound like Franken is some sort of conservative hawk, when in reality this is just another act of deceit from you;

    LOL you deceitful CONSERVATIVE. I listened to Al Franken almost every day on Air America and he was for staying in when virtually every liberal wanted out.

    As for Twain's statement you quoted I just added some more enlightening facts about it. Facts have not been manipulated but merely stated.

    And the biggest fact of them all Mark Twain had so many liberal beliefs even by todays standards you should just come to terms with it.

    Why is it that conservatives are so bereft of ideas they have to constantly have to borrow and steal from liberals.
    This is now the fourth time you have accused me of being deceitful without any explanation as to what it is I was deceitful about.

    Did I not give you a Youtube link with Al Franken himself saying that he is against the war in Iraq? Did I make something up that is not true, the way you did? What did I do that was deceitful page?

    What have I borrowed or stolen from a liberal? If you are referring to the Mark Twain quotes, and you continue to deceive yourself into believing that Mark Twain was only a liberal, then I too must be a liberal. OH! But wait! "YOU" accuse me of being a deceitful conservative. I don't get it page. Could you please explain how a conservative can hold the ideas of a liberal in such hige regard?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  13. #78
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,223
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    I don't get it page. Could you please explain how a conservative can hold the ideas of a liberal in such hige regard?
    Because there are virtually no great conservative intellectuals to quote. So you and your ilk have to sift through liberal thinkers and steal an idea here and there or quote them out of context. The only thought they have is to cut taxes.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event