Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 40 to 52 of 94
  1. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,933
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    As is yours, except I backed mine up with quotes. Go enjoy your sunset I provided for you lol. You bore me.
    I acknowledged the quotes you posted while you completely dismissed the quotes I posted. You obviously only want to believe what you already believe and you obviously will say anything to keep you from having to understand the truth about people and events.

    You don't seem to be an uneducated person, so I must conclude that you are either extremely stubborn or you have some sort of disease that prevents you from being rational. The cure is called reality.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  2. #41
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,223
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    I acknowledged the quotes you posted while you completely dismissed the quotes I posted. You obviously only want to believe what you already believe and you obviously will say anything to keep you from having to understand the truth about people and events.

    You don't seem to be an uneducated person, so I must conclude that you are either extremely stubborn or you have some sort of disease that prevents you from being rational. The cure is called reality.
    You are projecting again RoBo. Is this what your therapist told you today?

  3. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,933
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    I am saying your argument is desperate.
    And you are wrong. My argument is identical to your argument, using the same source of information. The only difference is that I am not pretending that one viewpoint of the man does not exist in order to justify a wrong notion of the man.

    You are not even using rhetoric at this point. You are now into childish refusal to accept the data that is being shown to you. You are now in na, na, naaa mode. And you believe that others trying to help you understand truth is boring?

    You are one step away from pathetic. Can you please back up for a moment, take a deep breath and get out of defense mode so we can have a rational conversation for once?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  4. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,933
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    RoBo you are about the most deceitful person I have ever come across. You are not even being honest with yourself I think.
    How so? How am I being deceitful?

    Do you not even know how to think enough then to use my accusation of your posts as a senseless retort to my posts?

    You are deceitful because you refuse to accept all data when the data does not justify what you want to believe. How am I deceitful?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  5. #44
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    N. E. Missouri
    Posts
    9,750
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    I echo your sentiments in the first paragraph 100%.

    And as far as Mrs R goes all she does is complain and belittle and offer nothing, nada. Even though you are blind and deceitful you occasionally offer something.
    Me doth think thou protest too much. Me also doth think thou oversteps thouself with abandon.

    Perhaps you should....naw, you aren't capable. I'll bid you goodnight as I have more important things to attend to. Sweet dreams little fella.
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

  6. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,223
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    And you are wrong. My argument is identical to your argument, using the same source of information. The only difference is that I am not pretending that one viewpoint of the man does not exist in order to justify a wrong notion of the man.

    You are not even using rhetoric at this point. You are now into childish refusal to accept the data that is being shown to you. You are now in na, na, naaa mode. And you believe that others trying to help you understand truth is boring?

    You are one step away from pathetic. Can you please back up for a moment, take a deep breath and get out of defense mode so we can have a rational conversation for once?
    Oh I was talking to Mrs R, she is capable of responding if she wants. I wanted to stop the conversation with her using her own argument about me and it seems to have worked. So let's not get that going again.

    Your projections are very tiresome but I will continue to try and bring some truth to your deceitful life.

    Your argument is ridiculous and you know it

  7. #46
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,933
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    Over a century ago Mark Twain was vp of the Anti-Imperialist League, argued in favor of unions, women's rights, and pacifism. Equated capitalists with oppressors and talked about the oppression that indigenous peoples suffered from the hands of the white man and he is not a liberal LOL.
    We read this the first time. I did not say he was not a liberal. I said he was not just a liberal and that he also had conservative views of which I have posted several.

    Just because you refuse to accept the data I have provided does not make it go away. The truly great men and women of history are those who were able to think in a broad spectrum rather then only be of a singular mindset. I cannot imagine that Rush Limbaugh, Michael Moore, Lyndon LaRouch or Al Franken will be quoted in the future the way great thinkers such as Mark Twain is.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  8. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,223
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs reb77 View Post
    Me doth think thou protest too much. Me also doth think thou oversteps thouself with abandon.

    Perhaps you should....naw, you aren't capable. I'll bid you goodnight as I have more important things to attend to. Sweet dreams little fella.
    Don't let the bedbugs bite.

  9. #48
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    N. E. Missouri
    Posts
    9,750
    Robo, remember the pig analogy? Well, it certainly fits. It's like trying to eat jello with a fork--way too much effort for the small benefit.
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

  10. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,223
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    We read this the first time. I did not say he was not a liberal. I said he was not just a liberal and that he also had conservative views of which I have posted several.

    Just because you refuse to accept the data I have provided does not make it go away. The truly great men and women of history are those who were able to think in a broad spectrum rather then only be of a singular mindset. I cannot imagine that Rush Limbaugh, Michael Moore, Lyndon LaRouch or Al Franken will be quoted in the future the way great thinkers such as Mark Twain is.
    You posted 2 quotes that I recall, barely proving anything. and as I said very few people are totally liberal or totally conservative but can easily be classified as one or the other. It is done here every day. You list Al Franken he has conservative views also yet can easily be described a liberal.

  11. #50
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,223
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs reb77 View Post
    Robo, remember the pig analogy? Well, it certainly fits. It's like trying to eat jello with a fork--way too much effort for the small benefit.
    I thought you were gone. Welcome back. Another post filled with wisdom. NOT

  12. #51
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,933
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    I echo your sentiments in the first paragraph 100%.

    And as far as Mrs R goes all she does is complain and belittle and offer nothing, nada. Even though you are blind and deceitful you occasionally offer something.
    So, now you are down to just making false claims about those who don't agree with you and who have shown you factual data that your viewpoints are not 100% accurate? Do I just write you off as pathetic? I don't want to do that. I would like for once to end a discussion where we can take something from one another's postings. I learned some things about Mark Twain that I was not aware of from this thread. I would like to think that you have seen enough evidence to not lump Mark Twain as some leftist Socialist but rather as an all around rationally thinking man who could see all aspects of issues and give his opinion on them from an intelligent stand.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  13. #52
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,933
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    You are projecting again RoBo. Is this what your therapist told you today?
    Again with the insults instead of discussing the issue at hand. Why? Is there some reason that you want to completely change the character of a man who is respected by all because he could see the bullcrap in all of us?

    I also have no idea what you mean by saying I'm projecting. I simply reiterated a truth that you have been almost maliciously avoiding as if the truth will burn a hole in your soul or something.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event