Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 27 to 39 of 94
  1. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    N. E. Missouri
    Posts
    9,750
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    RoBo I don't care about your thought processes either.

    Who and where are the condemnations from the right? Maybe on some religious matters lol but where else? You managed to throw in elitist in with liberal, good one.

    Very few people are totally liberal or totally conservative yet can be easily described as one or the other. If he was alive today he would be condemned as a liberal on this website.
    That is your opinion only. You seem to be the one that wants to label every statement as either liberal or conservative. It's gettin old.
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

  2. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,223
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs reb77 View Post
    That is your opinion only. You seem to be the one that wants to label every statement as either liberal or conservative. It's gettin old.

    "That is your opinion only." And I couldn't care less about it.

    This so far from the truth I am shocked, even coming from you.

    Just stop reading my posts.

  3. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,962
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    What on Earth are you talking about?
    What she is saying is that liberals are some of the most self inflicted miserable people in the world.

    There is actually a method to this madness, but it backfires and becomes the way liberals actually believe. It's a matter of the liberal always creating a crisis situation so they can always be in crisis mode and always have a reason to claim they are needed to take care of the people and protect the people from the "crisis".

    Unfortunately, liberals actually start believing in all of their concocted crisis's. Then conservatives have to play along in order to appease all of the people the liberals have scared so badly with the crisis du jour.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  4. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    N. E. Missouri
    Posts
    9,750
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    "That is your opinion only." And I couldn't care less about it.

    This so far from the truth I am shocked, even coming from you.

    Just stop reading my posts.
    Huh???? You are making no sense.

    'so far from the truth'
    'even coming from you'

    Your opinion. Yup, you wrote it, it's yours. "even coming from you"??? You do NOT know me--I think I told you that before.
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

  5. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,962
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    You are really grasping at straws.
    I have no clue what this is supposed to mean. Are you saying that you don't want to believe the truth so you are just going to dismiss it and close your eyes to it?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  6. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    N. E. Missouri
    Posts
    9,750
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    If Mark Twain was alive today with these views he would be condemned as a liberal on this website.
    Perhaps a clarification for you, since you may not remember your own words.


    This is YOUR OPINION. Not necessarily a good one but yours.
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

  7. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,223
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs reb77 View Post
    Perhaps a clarification for you, since you may not remember your own words.


    This is YOUR OPINION. Not necessarily a good one but yours.
    As is yours, except I backed mine up with quotes. Go enjoy your sunset I provided for you lol. You bore me.

  8. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,223
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    I have no clue what this is supposed to mean. Are you saying that you don't want to believe the truth so you are just going to dismiss it and close your eyes to it?
    I am saying your argument is desperate.

  9. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,962
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    RoBo I don't care about your thought processes either.

    Who and where are the condemnations from the right? Maybe on some religious matters lol but where else? You managed to throw in elitist in with liberal, good one.

    Very few people are totally liberal or totally conservative yet can be easily described as one or the other. If Mark Twain was alive today with these views he would be condemned as a liberal on this website.
    Not by me he would not be condemned as a liberal and I have just posted much to support the fact that Mark Twain was not "just" a liberal and was considered in his own time a classical liberal. Other classical liberals who lived later in time then Mark Twain did wound up having to change their being classified as liberal to being classified as conservative because those who became the leftist liberals of today changed the definition of liberal.

    Just like liberals changed the definition of gay to something the Flintstones were certainly not (we'll have a gay ole time.....) and that men at Christmas did not dress in drag (now we don our gay apparrel...), leftists changed the definition of what is liberal. Fascist is another word that leftists have changed the definition of.

    Leftist liberals are very deceitful people who use rhetorical argument in ways the Greek philosophers never intended rhetoric to be used. Leftist liberals will only admit to the side of a person or argument that supports the view that the leftist liberal wants to convey. You are doing that very thing again on this thread by refusing to acknowledge Mark Twain's written thoughts that show that he had conservative thought as well as liberal thought.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  10. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,223
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Not by me he would not be condemned as a liberal and I have just posted much to support the fact that Mark Twain was not "just" a liberal and was considered in his own time a classical liberal. Other classical liberals who lived later in time then Mark Twain did wound up having to change their being classified as liberal to being classified as conservative because those who became the leftist liberals of today changed the definition of liberal.

    Just like liberals changed the definition of gay to something the Flintstones were certainly not (we'll have a gay ole time.....) and that men at Christmas did not dress in drag (now we don our gay apparrel...), leftists changed the definition of what is liberal. Fascist is another word that leftists have changed the definition of.

    Leftist liberals are very deceitful people who use rhetorical argument in ways the Greek philosophers never intended rhetoric to be used. Leftist liberals will only admit to the side of a person or argument that supports the view that the leftist liberal wants to convey. You are doing that very thing again on this thread by refusing to acknowledge Mark Twain's written thoughts that show that he had conservative thought as well as liberal thought.
    RoBo you are about the most deceitful person I have ever come across. You are not even being honest with yourself I think.

  11. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,962
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    "That is your opinion only." And I couldn't care less about it.

    This so far from the truth I am shocked, even coming from you.

    Just stop reading my posts.
    Pagey, not to offend you, but your posts indicate that you wouldn't know the truth if it jumped up and bit you in the butt.

    Even with your statement that someone who disagrees with you not read your posts, you are telling those who do seek the truth to ignore your deceits so that you can continue to dilude yourself with your limited view of people and events.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  12. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,223
    Over a century ago Mark Twain was vp of the Anti-Imperialist League, argued in favor of unions, women's rights, and pacifism. Equated capitalists with oppressors and talked about the oppression that indigenous peoples suffered from the hands of the white man and he is not a liberal LOL.

  13. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,223
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Pagey, not to offend you, but your posts indicate that you wouldn't know the truth if it jumped up and bit you in the butt.

    Even with your statement that someone who disagrees with you not read your posts, you are telling those who do seek the truth to ignore your deceits so that you can continue to dilude yourself with your limited view of people and events.
    I echo your sentiments in the first paragraph 100%.

    And as far as Mrs R goes all she does is complain and belittle and offer nothing, nada. Even though you are blind and deceitful you occasionally offer something.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event