Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by the mojo View Post
    Better take a closer look under their soft underbelly of school voucher systems.

There are certain areas there that ambulances won't even go.

And no major industry has been started in Sweden since 1970.
    And you are against people deciding where they want their kids to go to school?

We have places in Canada where ambulances will not go, mind you with the new 4X4 trucks they are getting...

No major industry since 70's?

During this transition, some sectors, like textiles and iron, contracted considerably while others, such as shipbuilding, have all but disappeared, but Swedish restructuring has been smooth in terms of economic and social stability.

By 2000, major industries included information technology (telephone, radio, and computer equipment), communications, pharmaceuticals, precision equipment (bearings and armaments), high-quality steel, automobiles, electrical motors and other electrical equipment, printed and published goods (including software and popular music), home and office furnishings, and processed foods.
    http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/e...-INDUSTRY.html

Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    Again Sweden's economy and standard of living is almost second to none.

Sweden is a member of the EU although it does not use the Euro.
    I'm all for your moving to Sweden or any other country you feel is so much better then the U.S. If you ever put your money where your mouth is and actually do leave the U.S., could you also forget how to get on to this site?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    And you are against people deciding where they want their kids to go to school?

We have places in Canada where ambulances will not go, mind you with the new 4X4 trucks they are getting...

No major industry since 70's?

http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/e...-INDUSTRY.html

"No major industry since 70's?"

Does ABBA on Broadway count?

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    I'm all for your moving to Sweden or any other country you feel is so much better then the U.S. If you ever put your money where your mouth is and actually do leave the U.S., could you also forget how to get on to this site?
    I have looked at moving to Ireland. My son is exploring dual citizenship for a number of any civilized countries. I have in many ways "put my money where my mouth is." You sound like a real patriot there RoBo.

I am all for you leaving too RoBo. Maybe you can find that real capitalist paradise you are dreaming of. That was what the neo-cons tried to setup in Iraq, they outlawed unions. That might be a good place for you to check out.

It's good to have you back RoBo.

Just to let you know, I am quite happy living in Canada.

Personally, I think the Tea Party type movements are a good thing in any country with a democratic style of government. A lot of people love to make light of them, but all they really are is regular citizens trying to make their voices heard by their government.

How can this be a bad thing?

Here is something a little more on topic.

This current Tea Party is a total farce. The original Boston Tea Party was only partly a farce. Here are some facts on the Boston Tea Party.

Boston Tea Party Historical Society

"Boston Tea Party wasn't about taxes, rather than the fact that the British East India Company found a way of importing tea cheaper than John Hancock could smuggle it in to Boston and it was ruining John Hancock's smuggling business."
    http://www.boston-tea-party.org/smug...smuggling.html

England wasn't over taxing us, they just wanted us to pay our share of the French-Indian Wars.

The only legitimate point was "taxation without representation."

Ben Franklin wanted to personally pay for the tea dumped into the harbor.

Common sense tells you that John Hancock just went to the "Green Dragon Tavern" and paid a few patrons a few shillings to do his work. I guess things really haven't changed that much.

Here is something a little more on topic.

This current Tea Party is a total farce. The original Boston Tea Party was only partly a farce. Here are some facts on the Boston Tea Party.

Boston Tea Party Historical Society

"Boston Tea Party wasn't about taxes, rather than the fact that the British East India Company found a way of importing tea cheaper than John Hancock could smuggle it in to Boston and it was ruining John Hancock's smuggling business."
    http://www.boston-tea-party.org/smug...smuggling.html

England wasn't over taxing us, they just wanted us to pay our share of the French-Indian Wars.

The only legitimate point was "taxation without representation."

Ben Franklin wanted to personally pay for the tea dumped into the harbor.

Common sense tells you that John Hancock just went to the "Green Dragon Tavern" and paid a few patrons a few shillings to do his work.
    What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

Sorry, I've been wanting to use that one.

Seriously, none of that is relevant to the new Tea Parties. They are, by and large, groups of people who want to put fiscal responsibility back into our government. Again, how can it be a bad thing for "The People" (in quotation marks to reference it's usage in the Constitution) to have say in what their government does.

"Government of the people and by the people"

Seems very much in-line with the intent of our founders.

Quote Originally Posted by k_fridge View Post
    What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

Sorry, I've been wanting to use that one.

Seriously, none of that is relevant to the new Tea Parties. They are, by and large, groups of people who want to put fiscal responsibility back into our government. Again, how can it be a bad thing for "The People" (in quotation marks to reference it's usage in the Constitution) to have say in what their government does.

"Government of the people and by the people"

Seems very much in-line with the intent of our founders.
    I was trying to get us more on topic lol. Atleast I had comments on the Boston Tea Party and todays socalled Tea Party. Why didn't you call all the other posters on this?

And it is relevent if you read between the lines.

Maybe I should have talked more about people leaving this country?

I have looked at moving to Ireland. My son is exploring dual citizenship for a number of any civilized countries. I have in many ways "put my money where my mouth is." You sound like a real patriot there RoBo.

I am all for you leaving too RoBo. Maybe you can find that real capitalist paradise you are dreaming of. That was what the neo-cons tried to setup in Iraq, they outlawed unions. That might be a good place for you to check out.

It's good to have you back RoBo.
    I didn't know I left. Oh well, even I can't know everything.

I was trying to get us more on topic lol. Atleast I had comments on the Boston Tea Party and todays socalled Tea Party. Why didn't you call all the other posters on this?
    Hey you set the pins up and he knocked them down. The price of tea in China remark made me laugh. How could you pass it by if it is just sitting in front of you?

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Just to let you know, I am quite happy living in Canada.
    You're Canadian; you should be.

RoBo you do more complaining about this country than anybody I know. Why don't you leave? Setup a website and I will donate, hopefully to a country with no internet.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast