Hmm

Goodman furnace GMV8 2 stage, variable speed.

I had this furnace installed on the month of September 2004.

The problem I have is that the induced-draft blower assembly is very noisy.
    Actually you can hear the noise from the 1st floor (living room) of my house.
    Also the vibration generated by the induced-draft blower assembly propagates into the flex duct making the noise impossible to stand if you are near to the furnace (3-5 ft away)

I called the company that installed it and they said that this is normal with 80% furnace.

Also I called Goodman CSR and they told me that the furnace is not noise tested.

Anyone had same experience or knows what the problem is?

Thanks a lot,

Xam

Is this in the basement or attic? check to make sure it isn't enhanced by floor joists etc...... could be you have a bad inducer.. your dealer should find the problem.. or call another goodman dealer their everywhere.
    Flex duct makes me worry.... something isn't kosher in la la land there. Whose buddy put this in for ya? Sometimes cheaper isn't better. Go down to the furnace kick it a few times see if the sound changes. Use proper goodman instructions for the right way to kick it.

Thanks a lot for advise.

Actually the furnace is located in the basement area.

I had contacted the company who installed it and they changed the the induced-draft blower assembly.

The new one is quiet but not as quiet I would like to be.
    However, there are no vibrations sent to the flex duct.

It seems that this is the Goodman way of building things...

I would NOT have allowed any ductwork be of flex in basement.

Goodman is having issues with their vendors in the induced draft blower department....I have changed about 20 in the last 2 years due to noise. 80 and 90% furnaces. I was told that the manufacturer: Jakel is to blame, so make sure you get a Revcor to replace it and please email Goodman about your experience. It will help you and me out in the end. When you emai them please make reference to your installers company name and mine which is C & C Heating and A/C from Wonder Lake,IL 60097.
    We seem to be the only contractor going to our local distributor with parts for the first time whenever a large consistant problem comes up with parts being replaced due to premature failure(noise or breakage)so Goodman knows us first hand in their technical dept.

Unhappy

Also keep in mind the demand for parts for repairs and new equipment being made in the U.S. and the world. They are making most of the parts for most furnace manufacturers in foreign countries like Mexico and China....so there goes Quality Control.....10,000 of one model induced draft blower manufactured in lets say 4 hours....pushing out parts faster than they can keep track of them testing 1 a week in a mild manner.

DRUMN91 is correct USE THE ADVISE>

I just reviewed this thread as the fall is coming soon. drumn91 was right: after 3 months working reasonable, the induced draft blower got noisy again. so i'm wondering which revcor induced draft blower will be a good replacement for GMV8 jakel’s induced draft blower. first, I contacted revcor and I got the answer back that they do not have something similar.
    Here are the jakel’s induced draft blower specs:

Goodman replacement part # B40590-04 (Jakel Inc)
    115V 60Hz 2.0LRA
    Hi Speed 1.4 FLA 3000rpm
    Lo Speed .71 FLA 2500 rpm

Thanks a lot.

Sometimes a Lennox/Armstrong OEM part will fit these.

Here is a Fasco model:

7021-11063 (rheem#)

18M6701 (lennox#)

FYI: Goodman's OEM Inducers are changing to miniature full cage style PSC style motors on a lot of inducers......some made in Italy, some made in Poland???

Here is an informative link for anyone looking to UPGRADE to a better Inducer assembly:

http://fasco.com/documents/fascopage67-95.pdf

Hope this helps everyone

Quote Originally Posted by xamolxe View Post
    I just reviewed this thread as the fall is coming soon. drumn91 was right: after 3 months working reasonable, the induced draft blower got noisy again. so i'm wondering which revcor induced draft blower will be a good replacement for GMV8 jakel’s induced draft blower. first, I contacted revcor and I got the answer back that they do not have something similar.
    Here are the jakel’s induced draft blower specs:

Goodman replacement part # B40590-04 (Jakel Inc)
    115V 60Hz 2.0LRA
    Hi Speed 1.4 FLA 3000rpm
    Lo Speed .71 FLA 2500 rpm

Thanks a lot.
    ...whats your warranty?
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

Revcor Blower in Goodman

This is the Ask Our Pro's forum. In order to post a response here, you must have verified qualifications and have been approved by the AOP Committee. You may ask a question by starting a new thread.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Additional infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.
    Last edited by jpsmith1cm; 02-27-2013 at 07:20 AM. Reason: non AOP member

sidewinder62

This is the Ask Our Pro's forum. In order to post a response here, you must have verified qualifications and have been approved by the AOP Committee. You may ask a question by starting a new thread.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Additional infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.

Also, closing this old thread.