Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 18
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    18,252

    What could go wrong?

    Let me get this straight . . . .
    We're going to be "gifted" with a health care
    plan we are
    forced to purchase and
    fined if we don't,
    Which purportedly covers at least
    ten million more people,
    without adding
    a single new doctor,
    but provides for
    16,000 new IRS agents,
    written by a committee whose chairman
    says he
    doesn't understand it,
    passed by a Congress that didn't read it but
    exempted themselves from it,
    and signed by a President who smokes,
    with funding administered by a treasury chief who
    didn't pay his taxes,
    for which we'll be taxed for four years before any
    benefits take effect
    ,
    by a government which has
    already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare,
    all to be overseen by a surgeon general
    who is
    obese,
    andfinanced by a country that's broke!!!!!
    'What the hell could
    possibly go wrong
    ?'
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Little town in Texas
    Posts
    321
    ..now that's good stuff right thar...
    "If you can’t describe what you are doing as a process, you don’t know what you are doing." ~ W. Edwards Deming

    All those who wander..are not lost.

    Do NOT..mistake my kindness for weakness.

    The early bird may get the worm..but the second mouse gets the cheese.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,223
    Quote Originally Posted by timebuilder View Post
    Let me get this straight . . . .
    We're going to be "gifted" with a health care
    plan we are
    forced to purchase and
    fined if we don't,
    Which purportedly covers at least
    ten million more people,
    without adding
    a single new doctor,
    but provides for
    16,000 new IRS agents,
    written by a committee whose chairman
    says he
    doesn't understand it,
    passed by a Congress that didn't read it but
    exempted themselves from it,
    and signed by a President who smokes,
    with funding administered by a treasury chief who
    didn't pay his taxes,
    for which we'll be taxed for four years before any
    benefits take effect
    ,
    by a government which has
    already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare,
    all to be overseen by a surgeon general
    who is
    obese,
    andfinanced by a country that's broke!!!!!
    'What the hell could
    possibly go wrong
    ?'

    Health Reform Bill Summary: The Top 18 Immediate Effects
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0...15.html#s75147

    White House, Congress, and federal employees are subject to same health care reforms applied to American people
    http://mediamatters.org/research/201003250022


    The Congressional Budget Office currently estimates a date of 2037 for the end of solvency.
    Insolvency is not bankruptcy.
    http://wiki.answers.com/Q/When_will_...em_go_bankrupt

    The claim of 16,500 new agents stems from a partisan analysis based on guesswork and false assumptions, and compounded by outright misrepresentation.
    http://factcheck.org/2010/03/irs-expansion/


    More Doctors and Nurses: Effective immediately, the bill authorizes money to fund programs intended to increase the number of doctors, nurses, and public health professionals.
    The effects of supply and demand should also work if you believe in capitalism.
    http://usgovinfo.about.com/b/2010/03...st-changes.htm

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Near Atlanta, GA.
    Posts
    14,505
    Health Reform Bill Summary: The Top 18 Immediate Effects
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0...15.html#s75147
    Huffington Post? Really?

    The first immediate effect was a 20% increase in premiums.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,223
    Quote Originally Posted by k_fridge View Post
    Huffington Post? Really?

    The first immediate effect was a 20% increase in premiums.
    What facts are wrong? It"s not like I cited Fox lol.

    I could give you more sources that you can ignore.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,223
    Quote Originally Posted by k_fridge View Post
    Huffington Post? Really?

    The first immediate effect was a 20% increase in premiums.
    How about the Wall St Journal?

    2010
    Coverage

    ■Subsidies begin for small businesses to provide coverage to employees.
    ■Insurance companies barred from denying coverage to children with pre-existing illness.
    ■Children permitted to stay on their parents' insurance policies until their 26th birthday.
    2011
    Coverage

    ■Set up long-term care program under which people pay premiums into system for at least five years and become eligible for support payments if they need assistance in daily living.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Near Atlanta, GA.
    Posts
    14,505
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    How about the Wall St Journal?

    2010
    Coverage

    ■Subsidies begin for small businesses to provide coverage to employees.
    ■Insurance companies barred from denying coverage to children with pre-existing illness.
    ■Children permitted to stay on their parents' insurance policies until their 26th birthday.
    2011
    Coverage

    ■Set up long-term care program under which people pay premiums into system for at least five years and become eligible for support payments if they need assistance in daily living.
    You're still only telling the part of the story you want us to see.

    In balance, Obamacare has done more harm than good and this will likely continue.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,223
    Quote Originally Posted by k_fridge View Post
    You're still only telling the part of the story you want us to see.

    In balance, Obamacare has done more harm than good and this will likely continue.
    I am the only one to supply any facts in this thread. I have shown what was asked for. And the healthcare bill will do more good than you seem to know or acknowledge.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Near Atlanta, GA.
    Posts
    14,505
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    I am the only one to supply any facts in this thread. I have shown what was asked for. And the healthcare bill will do more good than you seem to know or acknowledge.
    Only the facts that are convenient to the Democrats.

    As for the latter; that is your opinion and I'd be willing to bet time will prove you wrong.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,223
    Quote Originally Posted by k_fridge View Post
    You're still only telling the part of the story you want us to see.

    Maybe you missed it but the OP said "for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect," So I posted what takes effect immediately in direct response.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Red Deer, Alberta
    Posts
    653
    Why is universal health care such a contentious issue in the USA? There surely is a solution which the most wealthy country in the world can find. Maybe, perhaps, possibly the HMOs have so much influence in Washington that no solution can be found? Not trying to stir the pot, just a comment...

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,021
    Here are a few things to think about:

    Go out to a restaurant... what do you see: Most of the patrons are overweight and not smiling... And we say we are a healthy country?

    I think the issue is we have a lot of bad habits in this country (eating too much fatty food, high stress lifestyle, etc), and we expect doctors to fix it with a pill.

    When we choose to take personal responsibility for our health... the bill (cost) will go down.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Houston,Tx.
    Posts
    15,918
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Here are a few things to think about:

    Go out to a restaurant... what do you see: Most of the patrons are overweight and not smiling... And we say we are a healthy country?
    Funny you said that, I took my grand kids to their favorite Chinese "buffet" restaurant Wednesday night. The majority of the Chinese patrons were using chopsticks to eat with, and small portions on their plates, the Americans were eating with two forks at a time with "HUGE" portions stacked up on their plates. I think my grand kids and I were the only American folks there that weighed under 200 lbs. There was a lady sitting next to us in a booth, that she took up one whole side of the booth, with her two kids were sitting on the other side. I guess the next thing the Government will do is, place scales at the front doors of all restaurants, and you will only be served a portion according to your weight, the heavier you are, the less you can have, the skinnier the more.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

    "Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event