Tax cuts - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tax cuts

Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    This was a republican idea.

Decades ago, and that was a different animal than what they want to do now.

The recent plan was pushed heavily by the Dems.

Obama has cut taxes to the middle class. With the republicans in power the middle class has been doing worse and worse even during supposedly good times.
    The increased costs of his policies have more than made up for any tax cuts.

Past trends may or may not be relevant and they don't make the current situation alright.

Quote Originally Posted by k_fridge View Post
    Decades ago, and that was a different animal than what they want to do now.

The recent plan was pushed heavily by the Dems.
    The idea is an old one and you are arguing about something that has not passed.

The increased costs of his policies have more than made up for any tax cuts.

Past trends may or may not be relevant and they don't make the current situation alright.
    Past trends are important for what we are facing today. The republicans offer nothing but tax cuts for the rich and crumbs for everybody else.
    Present policies have made a horrible situation better than they would have been with past and current republican policies.

The idea is an old one and you are arguing about something that has not passed.
    Let me word it another way...

The current Cap and Tax plan is not a Republican idea.

Regardless, it's the Dems that have been pushing it and it's only dead now because of Republicans taking control of the House which will stop the Dems from passing it.

How are you going to spin this one?

Let me word it another way...

The current Cap and Tax plan is not a Republican idea.

Regardless, it's the Dems that have been pushing it and it's only dead now because of Republicans taking control of the House which will stop the Dems from passing it.

How are you going to spin this one?
    The republican control in the house has nothing to do with it since it already passed there. It is dead in the senate.

The current plan is sponsered by the dems but it is not that different than the original idea.

As far as "spinning" this seems to be the art perfected by the "right" on this thread. All I have tried to do is supply some truth to the spin and misleading points being made here. Don't you think this whole thread is based on spin?

I think the US does not need any more energy costs to doing business than it already has. While I am inclined to see less energy usage through increasing efficiency and normally it is only driven by a rise in prices I do not think your economy can expand right now without cheap energy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12