Hybrid View

Anybody know of a digital themostat that you can set "installer limits" so say a renter can't turn his thermostat above 70? I know the "Vision Pro" can do it but I need something cheaper. Also something an idiot can run.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

The Honeywell T8501 has adjustable range stops, not sure about being idiot compatible though, (T8511 if it is a heat pump)

We installed some of these for a housing authority project a few years back, had to replace several of them because the tenants were trying to beat the range limit by placing ice cubes on top of them

Not sure of any "cheap yet idiot proof" thermostats.
    I have also installed the reg honeywell round ones that only go to 72, in an apt bldg. Pretty funny, many were later changed by renters, some were broke.
    The brothers & sisters like it hot, real hot, especially when they ain't paying the gas bill..........
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

We did a little school. It had 5 systems in it. In the principals office we had 5 White Rogers 1F90-371 thermostats. He could set the temperatures for any zone and read the temperature. All that was in each class room suite was one remote sensor. F145-1328. These are low voltage and can be used for residential.

the honeywell chronotherms can do that, you have to open the paperwork and press a couple of keys off the tables, but yiou can set high and low. these can also be used with remote sensors and mounted in an out of the way place.