Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,551

    What happened to all the hollering about Bush & eavesdropping on calls to terrorists

    Yeah the libs were screaming bloody murder and on this forum also about the great violation of our rights while talking to terrorists on overseas calls. You think this was a commie state to hear them scream because the government started to monitor calls overseas to know terrorists both from the US and around the world.

    Now we have a real violation of our privacy taking nude pictures of us and feeling us all up and none of the extremist Democratic liberals are saying a thing. This is a joke. The screening of calls was and is necessary and violates no ones rights except for terrorists and now TSA is violating all Americans who fly.

    They will not "profile" because that makes sense and is not PC instead they want to screw all of us over in the name of PC and not monitor calls to terrorists because the commie and Muslim loving Democrats believe that is a violation of the terrorists' rights. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,223
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Yeah the libs were screaming bloody murder and on this forum also about the great violation of our rights while talking to terrorists on overseas calls. You think this was a commie state to hear them scream because the government started to monitor calls overseas to know terrorists both from the US and around the world.

    Now we have a real violation of our privacy taking nude pictures of us and feeling us all up and none of the extremist Democratic liberals are saying a thing. This is a joke. The screening of calls was and is necessary and violates no ones rights except for terrorists and now TSA is violating all Americans who fly.

    They will not "profile" because that makes sense and is not PC instead they want to screw all of us over in the name of PC and not monitor calls to terrorists because the commie and Muslim loving Democrats believe that is a violation of the terrorists' rights. Thank you, thank you very much

    Glen the wire taps were not only overseas and not only to terrorists. Some were in the USA and most were not to or from terrorists. Some were to and from US reporters and other innocent people. There were laws that would have allowed the govt. to get what they wanted but laws were still broken and were true violations of our rights.

    Profiling is against the law and would be easily circumvented.

    The real question is, where were you then? As for this situation now I feel confident it will be corrected by the courts if need be. Since nothing is being done secretively as it was under Bush it will be easy to correct and sort out if needed.

    If you want a decent conversation let's stop with the namecalling crap, otherwise I will respond in kind.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,551
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    Glen the wire taps were not only overseas and not only to terrorists. Some were in the USA and most were not to or from terrorists. Some were to and from US reporters and other innocent people. There were laws that would have allowed the govt. to get what they wanted but laws were still broken and were true violations of our rights.

    Profiling is against the law and would be easily circumvented.

    The real question is, where were you then? As for this situation now I feel confident it will be corrected by the courts if need be. Since nothing is being done secretively as it was under Bush it will be easy to correct and sort out if needed.
    .
    Where did you get your info "move on dot org" or striaght from Al Queda? Thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,297
    Profiling is not against the law! Profiling is done regularly. Currently, in the context of the incorrectly so termed "war on terror" (terror is a tactic of terrorists not the enemy itself) we are putting the politically correct "profiling" above the law clearly written in the constitution.

    Profiling is a simple matter to use, is effective and is not illegal. Fourth amendment constitutional rights should not be trumped by political correctness.

    Our current leadership has many things bass ackwards and we now need a change. John Pistole of the TSA and Janet N of the DHS are not competent or are they very creative and lack common sense. They especially have not even a basic understanding of the Bill Of Rights.
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    NW Arkansas
    Posts
    1,288
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Yeah the libs were screaming bloody murder and on this forum also about the great violation of our rights while talking to terrorists on overseas calls. You think this was a commie state to hear them scream because the government started to monitor calls overseas to know terrorists both from the US and around the world.

    Now we have a real violation of our privacy taking nude pictures of us and feeling us all up and none of the extremist Democratic liberals are saying a thing. This is a joke. The screening of calls was and is necessary and violates no ones rights except for terrorists and now TSA is violating all Americans who fly.

    They will not "profile" because that makes sense and is not PC instead they want to screw all of us over in the name of PC and not monitor calls to terrorists because the commie and Muslim loving Democrats believe that is a violation of the terrorists' rights. Thank you, thank you very much
    Glenn, you need to slow down a little and think about what you say.

    You consider me to be a commie liberal and that is fine, I don't care. You and I are not that far apart on these issues. However, your interpretation of the FISA court and the warrantless wire tapings started during the Bush administration is wrong. They do not target just Muslim terrorist, they target anyone in this country talking on a phone. With the help of big telco companies like Verizon, AT&T, and others the government is running filters on all the calls they possibly can looking for keywords. If they hit one they listen in without a warrant. It violates the fourth amendment and is still in play today.

    Racial profiling like you want does not work according to Chertoff. Remember him? Psychological profiling like El Al uses does work and is not a violation of any amendment. Good intelligence and police work will keep us much safer than some machine that looks at are "junk". The new scanners clearly violate are 4th amendment rights.

    As far as he extremist Liberals go, I listened to Thom Hartman today on the radio and he railed for three hours how unconstitutional the new scanners are. He is a socialist democrat. I am pretty sure he is considered a commie in your eyes.

    Have a great Thanksgiving Glenn and all others. My wife and I are going to stay home because we are not flying. It should be a very relaxing day and I get Friday off. I can finally finish painting the house.
    Signature on hold. Trying to find a real Jefferson quote I like. Others here have bogus Jefferson quotes too.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,297
    Quote Originally Posted by wgrr View Post
    Glenn, you need to slow down a little and think about what you say.

    You consider me to be a commie liberal and that is fine, I don't care. You and I are not that far apart on these issues. However, your interpretation of the FISA court and the warrantless wire tapings started during the Bush administration is wrong. They do not target just Muslim terrorist, they target anyone in this country talking on a phone. With the help of big telco companies like Verizon, AT&T, and others the government is running filters on all the calls they possibly can looking for keywords. If they hit one they listen in without a warrant. It violates the fourth amendment and is still in play today.

    Racial profiling like you want does not work according to Chertoff. Remember him? Psychological profiling like El Al uses does work and is not a violation of any amendment. Good intelligence and police work will keep us much safer than some machine that looks at are "junk". The new scanners clearly violate are 4th amendment rights.

    As far as he extremist Liberals go, I listened to Thom Hartman today on the radio and he railed for three hours how unconstitutional the new scanners are. He is a socialist democrat. I am pretty sure he is considered a commie in your eyes.

    Have a great Thanksgiving Glenn and all others. My wife and I are going to stay home because we are not flying. It should be a very relaxing day and I get Friday off. I can finally finish painting the house.

    Just as the wire tapping was not limited to those suspected of terrorism, the current airport searches are not limited to those suspected of terrorism!

    That is the problem with both. Neither have probable cause as is required by the fourth amendment. The unlimited power of the government in both cases violate the constitution.

    Profiling works and is legal. It just is not politically correct. The 4th amendment should trump political correctness. TSA is performing unconstitutional searches.
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,876
    The reason you do not profile:

    The ACLU's Campaign Against Racial Profiling fights law enforcement and private security practices that disproportionately target people of color for investigation and enforcement. We represent individuals who have been victims of racial profiling by airlines, police, and government agencies. Our work also encompasses major initiatives in public education and advocacy, including the creation of essential resources, lobbying for the passage of data collection and anti-profiling legislation, and litigation of airline and highway profiling cases.
    http://www.aclu.org/racial-justice/racial-profiling

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,223
    The legality of profiling varies from state to state and has federal standards as well.

    "Racial profiling refers to the use of an individual’s race or ethnicity by law enforcement personnel as a key factor in deciding whether to engage in enforcement (e.g. make a traffic stop or arrest). The practice is controversial and widely considered inappropriate and illegal."

    "Legality
    At a Federal level, racial profiling is challenged by the Fourth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution which guarantees the right to be safe from unreasonable search and seizure without probable cause and the Fourteenth Amendment which requires that all citizens be treated equally under the law.

    "In his February 27, 2001, address to a Joint Session of Congress, President George W. Bush declared, Racial Profiling is "wrong, and we will end it in America. In so doing, we will not hinder the work of our nation's brave police officers. They protect us every day -- often at great risk. But by stopping the abuses of a few, we will add to the public confidence our police officers earn and deserve."
    "

    "In June 2003, the Department of Justice issued its Guidance Regarding the Use of Race by Federal Law Enforcement Agencies forbidding racial profiling by federal law enforcement officials."

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial_profiling


    Racial Profiling Laws in Your State
    http://www.amnestyusa.org/us-human-r....do?id=1106665

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,297
    Let's see now. Two black males robbed the local gas station. All police officers are to be on the lookout for two white males. No profiling allowed.

    We are for the most part doing just that at our airports. Search the little children, make those middle aged white businessmen with metal knees strip down for a close inspection and feel up young attractive flight attendants.

    Regardless of the fact that 99.9% of the terrorists are middle eastern Islamic males.

    Obviously we are looking in all the wrong places in an effort to be politically correct even if we trash the 4th amendment rights of Americans in a highly offensive way.
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    Let's see now. Two black males robbed the local gas station. All police officers are to be on the lookout for two white males. No profiling allowed.

    Racial Profiling
    Partial Definition

    "Use by law enforcement personnel of an individual’s race or ethnicity as a factor in articulating reasonable suspicion to stop, question or arrest an individual, unless race or ethnicity is part of an identifying description of a specific suspect for a specific crime." -Office of the Arizona Attorney General

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial_profiling

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,297
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    Racial Profiling
    Partial Definition

    "Use by law enforcement personnel of an individual’s race or ethnicity as a factor in articulating reasonable suspicion to stop, question or arrest an individual, unless race or ethnicity is part of an identifying description of a specific suspect for a specific crime." -Office of the Arizona Attorney General

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial_profiling
    Yup, I agree. The problem is the government and its agents especially our political leaders and their appointees are unable to make the distinction so all profiling is avoided and the rights of all citizens are walked on instead.
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event