Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    apparently what started this entire mess was S Korea is on Military maneuvers near the island (in question) and the North *thought* the south shot toward the North.

Of course the North took this as an attack and retaliated with an artillery barrage of the island.

The problem the North has is not one round landed anywhere near them. The south simply fired in there direction

I read in the news this morning that the North has said "If the South touches even 0.0001of a millimeter of our land or sea we will respond with all our military might"

So I think this is another case of the "two year old" throwing a temper tantrum to get some more attention and free crap from the world.
    IMO this pretty well sums up the issue...

We 'give' away too much stuff to keep NK quiet... Problem is: If we get too tough with NK, China chimes in on their side... So it becomes a stand-off again and again and again...

I have read some articles about the Aegis missile ships (took down a weather satellite from orbit); the laser mounted in the nose of a 747 (deployed in 2009) which can take down anything it can target (distance from the airplane limitations), and other means to take down ICBM's and other long range missiles.

My question: Do 'we' have enough 'high tech' stuff and is it developed enough to really make missiles a non-issue? Anyone know much about this?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

apparently what started this entire mess was S Korea is on Military maneuvers near the island (in question) and the North *thought* the south shot toward the North.
    N Korea was notified well in advance of the exercises.

Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    N Korea was notified well in advance of the exercises.
    And that is why they noticed South Korea shelling waters they consider their own. Mind you they should have taken out their hissy fit on water on the South Korea side of the disputed line.

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    And that is why they noticed South Korea shelling waters they consider their own. Mind you they should have taken out their hissy fit on water on the South Korea side of the disputed line.
    Their target area was in disputed waters?

Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    Their target area was in disputed waters?
    NK does not recognize the legal territorial area designated by the UN peace accord. So the N Korean's can claim any part of the Yellow sea as there own.

So it is difficult to have maneuvers in a area the world recognizes as legal territory, but the NK does not.
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

Hmm WELL,

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Our aircraft carrier is in the same waters right now on manuvers with SK. I wish NK would fire on this piece of soveriegn American floating soil.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJCDk...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by 2cool4us View Post
    Our aircraft carrier is in the same waters right now on manuvers with SK. I wish NK would fire on this piece of soveriegn American floating soil.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJCDk...eature=related

not exactly, the maneuvers are 400 miles south of the area in question, so if NK does something now, it will be a clear violation of the peace accord.
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

I GAURANTEE you: IF NK shot a missile at a US Carrier... ALL HELL WOULD BREAK LOOSE... and when the smoke cleared... well there would be only be two 'axis of evil'...

In a twisted way; I wish he would... WE could remind the world what US military power is... And other than a lot of fussing and grandstanding... nobody would mess with the USA for a few years... until the memory wore off.

Come on baby, give it your best shot... because it will be the LAST thing you ever do this side of the 'pearly Gates'... which you will not be walking through...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

the "strike force" is on maneuvers in the Yellow sea about 400 miles from any trouble spot. the maneuvers were planed a long time ago and are not a reaction to the attack.

But if N. korea does something stupid in the next few days, thing are going to get real exciting for the S. Koreans and us
    I agree the maneuvers were probably planned, but, since NK has been "testing missiles and such", that Strike Group is NORMALLY only 500-600 miles away .
    Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he will eat for a lifetime.

Give a man a capacitor, doesn't know what to do. Teach a man to install it, now he knows everything.

Don't worry about it......

Betcha dimes to donuts we have two on station right now in the passive mode.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post
    So far the biggest threat China poses to us is the massive amount of people that they can throw at us because their citizens are expendable per their government attitude.
    No different here, the US soldiers, sad to say are just as expendable to our politicians on both sides of the aisle. It is an ego trip, "We must win at any cost." If our men were not expendable they would not be stationed in all of the sheet hole countries defending a good majority of people that hate us.

The only war worth fighting is the one on US soil.

Quote Originally Posted by EugeneTheJeep View Post
    No different here, the US soldiers, sad to say are just as expendable to our politicians on both sides of the aisle. It is an ego trip, "We must win at any cost." If our men were not expendable they would not be stationed in all of the sheet hole countries defending a good majority of people that hate us.

The only war worth fighting is the one on US soil.
    My regret is Bush Sr. didn't let us (I was there) finish the job during Desert Storm. It would have prevented the second Bush Jr. war and we would have never had to go back.

History has proven that if you turn a blind eye to what's going on in the world it will come back to bite you in the a**. Hitler could have been stopped earlier....Hussein could have been stopped earlier. One of the major roles of our military is to keep it OFF our shores. Same as it is in business-"nipping it in the bud" earlier saves a lot of future problems.
    Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he will eat for a lifetime.

Give a man a capacitor, doesn't know what to do. Teach a man to install it, now he knows everything.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast