Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Strike force being sent to Yellow Sea

This could get, for lack of better terms, interesting real fast.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...sea-exercises/
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Looks like Obama got the three AM call.

You can forget about the Middle East. The new war zones in the future will be the Indian ocean and the Pacific rim. It will be interesting to see how China reacts if this escalates. This is not the early 50's.
    Signature on hold. Trying to find a real Jefferson quote I like. Others here have bogus Jefferson quotes too.

I already lived through something like this in the 60's. It's not a fun game for anyone and typically, with North Korea, it's a game. This time though China is a part of this game and that adds a little more seriousness to the whole picture.

So far the biggest threat China poses to us is the massive amount of people that they can throw at us because their citizens are expendable per their government attitude.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

the "strike force" is on maneuvers in the Yellow sea about 400 miles from any trouble spot. the maneuvers were planed a long time ago and are not a reaction to the attack.

But if N. korea does something stupid in the next few days, thing are going to get real exciting for the S. Koreans and us
    I only drink a little, but when I do
    I turn into another person and THAT person drinks a lot

If NK does something stupid, we will probably send them a strongly worded letter and report them to the U.N.

I'd hate to be sailing with that battle group with obama in charge...

Talking Maybe a Rouge Commander

In our navy will do the right thing and take out NK.

Didnt South Korea just send them food a month ago?

North Korea is stone age compared to the rest of the world, if the south wants their butts it would be a simple matter of eliminating their leadership.

Their people are starving and dying to leave already, the only thing stopping them is the fact that if they do leave, and any of their family is left there, they will be imprisoned, maybe forever.
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

apparently what started this entire mess was S Korea is on Military maneuvers near the island (in question) and the North *thought* the south shot toward the North.

Of course the North took this as an attack and retaliated with an artillery barrage of the island.

The problem the North has is not one round landed anywhere near them. The south simply fired in there direction

I read in the news this morning that the North has said "If the South touches even 0.0001of a millimeter of our land or sea we will respond with all our military might"

So I think this is another case of the "two year old" throwing a temper tantrum to get some more attention and free crap from the world.
    I only drink a little, but when I do
    I turn into another person and THAT person drinks a lot

I say we knock out all of their communications, power sources, bridges and main roads and water treatment facilities. Then bomb the sheit out of them with stealth fighters, bombers and cruise missiles as well as a massive 48 hour artillery barrage from land and sea.
    All the while bolstering the front line, which would be difficult for them to invade anyway because of massive mine fields.

We need to strike first and demoralize them. This would cause a massive wave of refugees into China as well. They would be starved of rations, no communication, no fresh water, no sewage treatment, no transportation, and no electricity. And we should do it during the coldest time of year.

This would certainly piss off China for which we would just have to nuke without warning from some well placed submarines.
    Lets face it folks....we are all sick of the threat of a global war hanging over our heads, and trying to rationalize with these people is futile. Lets just do it and get it over with, and maybe...just maybe if there are any survivors, they can rebuild and have another thermonuclear war of their own again some day.....because people really do suck!
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

Cool Have to agree

Take out their nuclear sites then kill off the norths leadership, particularly the Mad Hatter dictator and his son the heir apparent. The masses of the North would rejoice and surrender.

Quote Originally Posted by 2cool4us View Post
    Take out their nuclear sites then kill off the norths leadership, particularly the Mad Hatter dictator and his son the heir apparent. The masses of the North would rejoice and surrender.
    That almost sounds like the same plan they used on Iraq doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by 2cool4us View Post
    Great in theory but what if in retaliation they send a nuke to a US city (even by slow boat) and level it? Would it be worth it considering it was a couple dozen artillery shells that did not harm the US?

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Great in theory but what if in retaliation they send a nuke to a US city (even by slow boat) and level it? Would it be worth it considering it was a couple dozen artillery shells that did not harm the US?
    I think once the leadership is gone the people would be so busy looting and partying no one would even think about it.

The big difference is there is no religious connection to this reason area, North Korea is a straight up police state.
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast