Post Likes

Town & Country Fireplace dead. TC54 Need info.

Customer has a Town & Country TC54.CE3 fireplace with dual gas valves, dual controllers, wall mount control, and Maestro remote control.

Initial call was only one pilot and burner would spark and light off. When I got there, neither burner sparked or lighted. It seemed like the whole thing was dead.

110 volts at control modules. I don't know anything about these ignition controls. Tried calling the factory twice with no return call.

Does anyone have experience with these? Or, better yet, a service manual?
    If God didn't want us to eat animals... He wouldn't have made them out of MEAT.

Post Likes
    Is it NG or LP? Those are the funniest to work on, glass front is 500.+ the fire back 2-300. 2 IPI setups gas valves, modules, and steppers. Ohm out the sensors, check your burner tray leads to IPI they tend to get fray will try to get manual later shoot a message with email.

Post Likes
    Just a follow-up and update. It's almost a month later and the fireplace is fixed. Here is what we found and repaired.

The wall switch was bad. (No lights flashing when remote is used and no lights when batteries are removed.

One of the ignition control modules was bad (no spark).

One Pilot Assembly was bad (cracked porcelain).

I also learned that this company is VERY DIFFICULT to work with. They do not publish their phone number. Their closest distributed is 4 states away. It took 5 calls and an email to talk to a service support person. Parts were backordered and they couldn't even find to part number for a surround piece the customer wanted replaced.

Normally, I would have had this done in a couple of days, but thanks to Town and Country, it's taken almost a month.

Ultimately, the customer was happy because it's been out for 4 months and he's had 3 other companies come out, and they couldn't repair it (probably because of the same support problems I had).
    If God didn't want us to eat animals... He wouldn't have made them out of MEAT.