Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Union or non???

bob...i'm not touchy about anything. apparently i took "your making the rest of us look bad" the wrong way. you sound like you're the best tech you know.
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

In my hall,a motivated tech NEVER see's the bench...ever.I've seen my company pay scale for a tech to sweep up the shop to give him hours.A good tech is hard to find and quite an asset when you do whether you're union or not.Union was the right choice for me.Whatever you choose,put forth the extra effort and you'll do fine.goodluck,
    Go RCR!

We have all been to places that the money men never go! Join the Union!

Smile union or non??

Can anyone out there tell me where to find a local union?? I am in Denton Texas! I was told by a friend in another state that union was the way to start. What about school?? I found a traing course in Irving but not sure if it is worth the $. Any suggestions??

Re: union or non??

Originally posted by chaos4570
    Can anyone out there tell me where to find a local union?? I am in Denton Texas! I was told by a friend in another state that union was the way to start. What about school?? I found a traing course in Irving but not sure if it is worth the $. Any suggestions??
    You won't find much in the way of trade unions in this part of Texas. Some bigger commercial HVAC companies are unionized, but the trade unions here are not like they are up north and out in CA where they provide training and aprenticship programs.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123