+ Reply to Thread

Thread: bummed out

Post Likes
    came home from work lastnight and had dinner, spent some time with the kids and got ready for bed. Went to let my 2 bulldogs in from outside to go to bed and only my male came running up. Well, I got this sick feeling and went to go look in the pool and found my female laying on the bottom.

I am freakin kicking myself over this. I was just a week away from getting a custom safety cover put on the pool. I feel so bad for the way she died. I cant imagine the terror of drowning. guilt is killing me.

I let my male out to use the restroom and he just went and sat next to the pool where he last saw her.

its crazy how attached you get with your own pets.

Post Likes
    That sucks...

Post Likes

Frown

Now Im bummed out. If it wasnt a long time I would have tried to resesitate.

[Edited by coolwhip on 01-18-2005 at 03:54 PM]

Post Likes
    that's terrible. now go get your nerf bat,hit yourself and repeat"Imust watch my animal's".
    seriously,I hope you and your remaing can move on, it's very sad. Good luck.

Post Likes
    Jayson - sorry for your loss!!! Dont beat yourself up over this - she knows you love her!!!

Post Likes
    Originally posted by Boiling Point
    Jayson - sorry for your loss!!! Dont beat yourself up over this - she knows you love her!!!
    well said sorry jayson

Post Likes

Sorry man, I cant imagine how that must feel, mine is 8 now and starting to show her age, Im dreading the day she passes.

Post Likes
    Be glad it wasn't one of your kids. You need to make that pool secure. Hang in there, accidents happen.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Post Likes
    Thanks fellas,

I am hangin in there. Still have the guilt crap but my male bulldog isnt taking it as well. He wont eat or move from my side anymore. I took him to work with me today. Hope he starts eating again, his stomach is growling but he wont touch any kinda food, not even table scraps.

Post Likes
    Sorry Jason. I am a huge dog lover too. We have 2 goldens.

Wow. Let your male get back into the swing of things. He will. There pretty resilient after a period of time. Then go get yourself another puppy. It will make things happier.

Gosh I feel so bad for you.

Post Likes

He'll eat when he's ready.

He's in mourning. Don't sweat it.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Post Likes
    Jason:

Sorry to hear about your dog. They are like kids to us, and it isn’t easy when they leave us.

Post Likes
    Blame the cat.

I know the sickening feeling of loosing your dog, ...
    TB
    Everyone knows something I don't.

2 Chronicles 7:14
    14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Post Likes
    Sorry to hear that....No gates? Hope there are no kids in the neighborhood. Some states are requiring that now even on above ground pools.
    thehumid1-------I live in NJ, a state where it's free to come in but you have to pay to leave!

Post Likes
    We have a 8 foot wooden fence around the entire backyard with locked gates. No one from the outside can get in without doing some serious climbing. In our area you can't get a permit to build a pool without a fence being in place.

I had a custom safety cover going on it in a week. I was doing so to keep my children & dogs safe, plus keep the leafs out.

I would have tried to recesitate the dog, but by the time I got to her, she had been in there for a good while.

Post Likes
    Thats just the worst man. Sorry buddy.

Post Likes
    I thought that my dog dieing in my arms was bad but that sucks Jason. Sorry to hear what happened.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in