+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Please Teach Me

Post Likes

Please Teach Me

I cannot seem to find any work doing refrigeration with racks systems, something which I really like and find fascinating. I am 24, and willing to work (almost) anywhere and have got 3 years of experience. 1.5 years in the supermarket aspect, but no one is willing to teach me more of what i already know about them. Which was mainly from doing rack PM's. I realize that this work is a high stress job (fix it NOW!) but when i am in those situations i tell myself, "things could be worse." and go on to name what could be worse about the situation, because it helps. I live in Andover, Minnesota. I want to do this kind of work and want to know more. ( I really like it!!) but can't find anything. If you need someone who is dedicated to doing their job right the first time (i've worked 16 hours straight no problem...) and are willing to spend the time to teach me, i want to work for you. contact me.

Post Likes
    hhh

Post Likes
    Tough market right now in some areas.

IF you're working, consider yourself fortunate and keep your head down, your a$$ up and keep learning.

With 3 years of experience, you don't know enough to know what you don't know.

Racks are different animals and the consequences of errors are HUGE! We don't let rookies touch them for that reason.

I'm not saying these things to discourage your, but rather to encourage you to keep going, keep learning and find a niche in this field. Jobs are out there, but may be difficult to find.

A quick story to share. My current apprentice took his HVAC training, then looked around the industry and decided that supermarkets was where he wanted to be. HE contacted various manufacturers, built a sizeable library, studied the parts and systems that comprise a rack and pursued a job at my company for almost 2 years before he got it.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in