+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Serling unit heater - smartvalve problem

Post Likes
    I have a five year old Sterling unit heater m#RF-45 which uses a Honeywell Smartvalve M# SV9540M 2229. On call for heat HSI energizes and lights pilot but main valve will not open. I have cleaned and inspected HSI assembly and all looks well. Ventor motor and main blower work fine. On one occassion I jiggled wires from HSI to plug on valve and valve opened, but only on the one occasion. I am also only getting 13 volts to one side of rollout and limit safeties. This is the first time I've encountered this type of valve which I do not want to replace until I'm sure it's faulty as it is $850.00 list ! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou.

Post Likes
    Typical problem with that valve, needs replaced asap.
    I can buy a new heater for $850.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Post Likes
    The valve is 4 F't (F##Ked by the fickle finger of fate!)
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in