Thread: night service

Hybrid View

I love it! Is this some kind of strange sickness or are there others like me?
    Free cooling and heating all at the wrong time of year.

Originally posted by flowcheck
    I love it! Is this some kind of strange sickness or are there others like me?

only you.
    Are you on call at night and work during the day?
    Or just do night calls?

[Edited by oil lp man on 01-19-2005 at 06:24 AM]

Years ago when working for a oil company,we would rotate
    5 to 1 in the morning.

I must say I too enjoy it,less traffic and the customer
    were kinder and more relax when hearing any bad news.

Also I found it to be alot easier to sell much needed equipment when mom and dad were both home.

The nightstalker shift.

I wish furnaces would only break between 9AM and 5PM.
    R2B4BTU

Originally posted by otto
    I wish furnaces would only break between 9AM and 5PM.
    Can they make that a new law? I think all equipment should be covered by it.

For years when I started out I really enjoyed working nights being the people really apreciated you showing up in the middle of the night. You were not fighting trafic but sometime it is a little scarry being the snowplows had not been out yet. It is a little more of a pain being sometimes having to have distributors open up sometimes if you didnt have the parts. After years of enjoying it I think I got burnt out on it being I had no life being on call 24 hours a day. You know you are working too many hours when you are telling the homeowner what to write on the bill being your eyes and mind cannot focus anymore so that you can write the bill. When I think back about those days I just shake my head thinking about what I would do back then and I loved every minute of it. Now days I just think been there , done that , now only if I feel like it . Lifes too short to keep working that way. Oh and by the way younger people nowdays really dont appriciate you being out there at all hours to help them. Just treat you like your someone out there trying to screw them. Its just not the same.

I only hope to be wiser when I get older. As for now I really enjoy it for many reasons some of them said allready. I guess for the most part I like a challenge as long as its worth the effort and I find it alot in night service calls.

[Edited by flowcheck on 01-29-2005 at 11:14 PM]

Flowcheck you will know when its getting old when everytime the phone rings you give the phone dirty looks. Just try to fine a happy medium betwween work and play . I never really learned that and if you dont you are likely to burn out . I never really worried about the money you could make, that just happened and it was more about keeping my customers happy but after a while what ever you were making it wasnt worth it lol.