Broadband Phone service
    Has anyone tryed the broadband phone service like Lingo or Vonage ?
    If so how would you rate them ?

I have att callvantage only 29.95 a month with great service. best deal i think there is also vonage you pick you area code also.

i think packet8 is best deal, i have been using it for a year now, it work great, and good price $20. http://www.packet8.net

How's it working for you, rep? I can get vonage and broadband internet service for less than Bell South unlimited phone only plan. I need to make a decision in the next month or so.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

I use vonage, great service no problems my way

no delays? nice and clear, no static?

I was dealing with a company about a year ago, they were selling a web based service program I was checking out. And they had called me several times to be with me on the phone as they did a webcast type thing to show me how their service worked. There was a delay on their end, and it had an irritating static to it. I asked why, and he said he was using a voip service. He didn't say Vonnage but it could have been. I was not too interested with it after that encounter. So is it better now?

I remember when I was in the Army, calling home from Korea, and this was 1995, meaning to say modern times, and you had like a 2 second delay when you were talking to someone from the states. You could deal with it, cause, being in Korea was a big deal. But if just for normal phone use, I wouldn't like that delay.

Originally posted by jrbenny
    How's it working for you, rep? I can get vonage and broadband internet service for less than Bell South unlimited phone only plan. I need to make a decision in the next month or so.
    well since basicly no one has it and i still have my cell phone they just call that so....

but I use it to call out when I am working at home and it works very well , no problems with it or anything.

The nice thing about it ,is that I have it forward to my cell phone, so that makes life alot easier.

Thanks guys. We'll probably give it a whirl. We use internet telephony at the office. It seems to work fine. However, it's on a T1 connection. I'm a little leary about using it on a residential BB connection.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

We have Vonage and it's terrible. Lots of delays and very poor service. I thought the wireless internet had something to do with the cordless phone, but it did the same thing with a corded phone. I have a cell, wife has a cell. I may just give up on the Vonage and not have a home phone. Not much need for it anyway.
    R2B4BTU