+ Reply to Thread

Thread: new hvac questions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Likes
    I have to update my 19 year old ranch house with new HVAC. I am looking at the Carrier and Bryant brands, Lennox and Armstrong, and Trane units. Can't seem to find alot of information to compare the units to each other. Just wonder if any of you guys in the business have any thoughts?

Post Likes
    Forget Carrier and Bryant. Lennox is good stuff but you're usually stuck with the Lennox dealer for parts. Trane is good but American Standard is a lower priced version of the same thing. Can't comment on Armstrong. Take a closer look at AS and maybe Rheem.

Post Likes
    Heating and air conditioning equipment is only as good as the dealer you buy it from. Just like a car. If you can't get good service then the few bucks you saved just isn't worth it.

My dealership dumped a leading brand of air conditioning equipment because we could see the quality was slipping. All of there coils were being made in Mexico. When we the dealers got them up here and found them leaking the manufacturer expected us to fix them for nothing.

We decided to switch brands and now we sell residential equipment that is made in America. Our brand carries the best warranty in the industry.

We are Frigidaire dealers. But choose a dealer and let him choose the equipment for you. A good dealer stands behind what he sells.

Post Likes
    They are all the same......except Gooman.........they suck
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Post Likes
    puffinboy ..... you might want to look into the brands that some are bashing too . A lot of shops will bash them being the brand they have is overpriced and not competative. They can tell you the differant features or problems but when they get to calling them junk.....now thats the one thats probably kicking their butt in sales. Now all brands have more expensive models , higher efficency, 2-stage, more features. Mainly go with who your are more comfortable with and probably best to go with a brand that not only one guy around sells, just in case you decide later on you dont like someting about the shop that did install it. Also that way you are not held prisoner on parts prices.

Post Likes
    personally I like Trane and lennox, then york and carrier/bryant

I have no particular affiliation with any brand but I also don't install allot of resd units.

www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in