Confused

does anyone recommend any power line carrier relays for energy management systems that are reliable and last a long time. a customer has Functional Devices now, but they seem to be failing rather rapidly, and they don't want a new system where we have to pull wire. Please help me because i'm getting frustrated over this.

You might try these guys - Axsys Automation. They have a LonWorks powerline relay module that uses the Echelon PL-20 powerline transceiver - very reliable! And, it even has a Plug-In!
    Find more information at
    http://www.echelon.com/productdb/pro...=709&manID=133

Here's a blip from their product desctiption,

Cheers,
    LB

Axsys Automation’s intelligent Relay Controller for appliances provides an easy-to-install, cost-effective voltage control solution designed for both residential and commercial use. This LonWorks®-based appliance relay module automatically controls voltage supplied to large appliances including water heaters, pool pumps, hot tubs, air conditioners and baseboard heaters. Our controller is available as a dual 120V, or a single 240V module. Add it to your network with FTT (twisted pair) for a low-cost wiring solution that is ideal for new homes and buildings, or AC Powerline, which provides a robust, “no-new-wires” solution that is well-suited for retrofitting existing homes and buildings.
    A hundred million nodes - it's a LON story.

thanks Lonboy, but I'm really looking for 460 volt receiver relays for enabling RTU's. anything that won't work on 460 volts doesn't help, but thanks for the input. I will research what you gave me to see if there is anything else there.

I'm looking for the motors (rf-370c)in the belimo damper motors for the uhc202's. Also looking for better controls to put in when they go up.
    Any good web controls out there for small to large buildings?

[Edited by ht systems on 01-19-2005 at 08:24 PM]

Take at look at Advanced Control Technologies. They have a powerline carrier components offering in addition to the interface transducers they manufacture. Maybe they have something you can use.